Salary & Benefits: Up to £120,000
Closing Date: 06/01/2021
- To lead the development of MOPAC’s strategy, planning and business, in response to the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental demands placed upon the Mayoralty and Metropolitan Police Service. To lead the oversight of the MPS workforce and operations.
- To provide leadership and management for the following functions:
- Strategy and business planning
- Development of the Mayor’s Police and Crime Plan and programme management of its delivery
- Workforce and operational oversight of the MPS
- Evidence and insight
- Communications, public relations and public affairs
- Private office and administration
- Citizen engagement with policing
- National security issues and countering violent extremism
- To work corporately as a member of the MOPAC Senior Management Team, leading on and contributing to cross cutting work programmes, projects, objectives and performance targets as required to meet the stated outcomes of the Police and Crime Plan.
- To oversee the development and preparation of MOPAC’s strategies, including content, timescales and process requirements for developing, consulting on and implementing the strategies and, in particular, the Police and Crime Plan.
- Lead on engagement with senior partners in City Hall, particularly aligning and influencing colleagues in GLA and the Mayor’s Office to ensure that the full range of Mayor’s interests. Ensure that the response to the Covid19 pandemic is led through programme management arrangements in MOPAC aligned with the wider GLA apparatus and MPS structures.
- Establish and develop effective relationships with senior colleagues in the MPS in order to best discharge the Mayor’s statutory responsibilities for overseeing the MPS and ensure that policy advice on policing matters is evidence based and informed.
- To ensure that strategies and plans reflect the current political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental agendas, are mutually supportive, and that objectives are properly identified, challenging authors to ensure that plans reflect high aspirations, vision and demanding but achievable goals.
- To advise the Chief Executive and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime on any major risks, issues or other developments affecting MOPAC’s future role or direction and present suitable proposals for changes to roles/functions/processes/relationships and/or new initiatives/activities in order to properly manage the implications.
- To direct the provision of both proactive and reactive (issue management) communications activities, including online, media relations and marketing, in partnership with the GLA and MPS communications functions, to ensure appropriate messaging and presentation of MOPAC, its policies and activities.
- To design and implement sufficient oversight of the effectiveness of the MPS in terms of workforce and operations, working closely with the CFO / Director Corporate Services who is responsible for oversight of finance, estates and transformation.
- To oversee the provision of an effective and efficient private office service to the Chief Executive and Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, and administration function (including responding to committee requests, assembly member enquiries and mayoral questions), ensuring all MOPAC and GLA standards for responsiveness and transparency are met.
- Lead on internal governance of MOPAC, including the risk and assurance processes, governance improvement and transparency.
- To contribute to the strategic and operational management of MOPAC through membership of the Senior Management Team and by acting as a corporate ambassador for MOPAC internally and externally.
The post holder will be required to develop and maintain strong, collaborative and effective working relationships in a highly complex, demanding, and changing environment across Central Government, the GLA family, partner agencies and their representative bodies (especially the London Crime Reduction Board) the Metropolitan Police and statutory and third sector partners.
For further information on this role, please click apply and download the candidate prospectus. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Rebecca Rampat on 07957 730837 or via firstname.lastname@example.org