B Lab UK
Exciting new role in a fast-growing organisation working with responsible businesses to change capitalism. The B Corp movement is encouraging businesses to manage their impacts on society and the environment with as much rigour as they manage their profits.
The B Corp Movement
Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting social and environmental impact on a par with profit. B Corps manage the impact of their entire business through the B Impact Assessment and reach high standards of social and environmental performance. The B Corp community is a global movement of businesses who provide leadership by demonstrating their commitments to people and planet and create examples of success for others to follow. There are now over 3,500 B Corps in over 70 countries and covering 150 sectors, including Patagonia, The Body Shop, Kickstarter, innocent and Ella’s Kitchen.
B Lab was created in 2006 with the mission to inspire and enable people to use business as a force for good. There are B Labs across the globe including Australia, East Africa, mainland Europe and North and South America. B Lab UK is a charity that launched in 2015. Our purpose is to redefine success in business through building a community of engaged businesses, raising awareness of the B Corp movement and championing change in the UK economy. The B Lab UK team is small, friendly, hard-working and committed to changing how business operates.
The role of Evaluation Analyst
The Evaluation Analyst will play a crucial role in facilitating the growth of the B Corp movement in the UK and enhancing the customer journey for businesses aiming for certification. The role will be supported by the Certification Team in the UK, B Lab teams around the world, as well as the B Lab Standards Trust, helping the B Corp movement meet yearly strategic growth objectives and customer satisfaction goals.
In order to achieve B Corp Certification, businesses are required to measure their social and environmental performance through the B Impact Assessment and, when achieving a score of 80+points, submit that assessment for verification. B Lab UK is looking for an analyst to manage and provide initial evaluation of the applications of UK companies for the B Corp Certification. This role will be responsible for assessing the eligibility and likelihood of successful certification for newly submitted B Corp prospects.
With training provided by the B Lab Standards Trust, the Evaluation Analyst will conduct assessment track confirmation, scoring screen and identify any specific verification requirements. They will also determine a company’s eligibility, verification approach and readiness to undergo the Assessment Verification Process, providing additional support to those who are yet ready or impactful enough to certify at the first attempt. The Evaluation Analyst will guide companies through certification by communicating the appropriate next steps, preparing them for the external verification process and ensuring a smooth and valuable customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform evaluation of submissions under direction of the Certification Manager according to B Lab’s standards and B Corp Certification process requirements.
- Communicate directly with prospect companies, guiding them on the certification process and requirements as well as supporting them through challenges on the B Impact Assessment.
- Support the Certification Team to enhance the customer journey from initial application submission to eventual certification.
- Work with Certification Manager to identify process flaws and deliver customers experience improvement projects.
- Work closely with the B Lab Standards Trust to ensure training is up-to-date and quality assurance of Evaluation is maintained.
- Carry out scoping on prospect companies, to establish eligibility, number of assessments required and how to meet the legal requirements of B Corp.
- Researching the new companies creating assessments for the weekly team calls.
Skills and Experience
- You are great at learning new skills and getting into the details, and you have had the opportunity to do this in at least one professional environment
- Experience working in a team, with diverse stakeholders and external clients
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Clear communicator with good analytical skills
- Experience with existing sustainability standards
- Experience working in a Customer Success environment
- Experience working with remote teams in a fast-paced, matrixed, international environment
- Familiarity with these (or comparable) platforms: Salesforce, Asana, Slack, Google Suite
- Good communicator, skilled at understanding others’ motivations and priorities
- Analytical with a great eye for detail
- Ability to work autonomously, and as a strong teammate and collaborator
- Used to juggling multiple tasks
- Have a flexible approach, able to operate effectively within complexity and change
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment where work is varied, fast paced, and hugely rewarding
- Passionate about the role that business can play in creating the future that benefits all people and the planet.
- Eligible to work in the UK (we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship)
Reports to: Director of B Corp Certification
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting at £30,000 per annum
- This is a 1-year fixed term contract with the intention to convert into a permanent position
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and office closure over Christmas
- Flexible hours and a weekly work from home day (currently fully remote)
- Volunteer days
All candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the deadline passing. It is likely that the process will consist of 2 interviews, one technical interview with a task to prepare and present, and one conversational interview. All interviews will be run remotely over video link.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are ‘culture fits’. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Application Instructions
Your application will be reviewed blind, to ensure fairness *** You'll need a CV/résumé, but it'll only be considered if you score well on blind review.