Job Title: Fundraising Manager - (Grants)
Department: Income Generation
Location: Anywhere in the UK, our whole organisation works from home at present
Salary: £37,833-39,555 (FTE inclusive of London weighting, commensurate with experience), £34,266,£35,988 (outside London) (FTE per year). We are a flexible and supportive employer. You’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, we will contribute to your pension and give all employees paid sick leave and personal days.
Line Manager: Head of Income Generation
Line Management: 1-2 team members
Benefits: 5% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and additional closure days in December
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE (equivalent 37.5 hours per week). Temporarily working reduced hours of 32.5 hours per week at full pay.
Flexible working: Core hours are 10am to 4.30pm. and we offer flexible working agreements.
Contract type: Permanent
Application deadline: 07/02/2021
Who we are:
BAME Recruitment is pleased to be working in partnership with Campaign Bootcamp to in appoint a Fundraising Manager to join their Income Generation Team. This young, nimble, independent rapidly growing charity is dedicated to helping to ensure that the people most impacted by injustice are leading campaigns that affect their lives, from better housing to fairer treatment of migrants, LGBTQ+ rights. Their graduates are testifying before Parliament, organising national demonstrations, being elected to local government, changing laws and regulations, and waging important, successful campaigns.
Their vision is a world in which people impacted by injustice have the tools and skills they need to end it.
Their mission is to support people to run effective campaigns that challenge injustice.
As a charity, Campaign Bootcamp are going through a big period of development, working out how they build their culture to ensure they fully live by their values. This is important work, and you’ll be a crucial part of supporting this, and ensuring they continue to build it for years to come.
About the role:
This role is responsible for the management and development of the Income Generation team, taking ownership of substantial grants of up to six figures in value. You will have responsibility for the research and prospecting of new potential funders. You will be an exceptional line manager who can support and develop their team.
Train more people in marginalised communities, by managing and developing key relationships with trusts and foundations to raise funds.
- To manage key parts of our funding pipeline. You will both research, write, submit and manage fundraising proposals, and reports, to funders, and supervise other team members in this work.
- Supporting the Head of Team with building and implementing a fundraising strategy, as a key part of a new business plan, to be produced in 2021, in light of the many changes that have come about due to COVID-19.
To support the development of the Income Generation function, by team management, and taking on important projects and initiatives.
- Be an ambassador for the charity, using their power and influence to encourage funders, and the wider sector, to be more representative of marginalised communities.
- Providing line management and support to the Income Generation team, overseeing and directing their work as part of the team and supporting their wider professional development.
- Work with funders and the wider sector to support marginalised communities to be changemakers.
- Advocating for all members of the Fundraising team both within the organisation and when working with external stakeholders.
To work with key internal stakeholders across the organisation to ensure they raise appropriate funding and deliver on commitments made to funders.
- Working with colleagues to improve internal processes and procedures (this will involve both using Salesforce database, Google Drive and working with finance systems).
- Working with key internal stakeholders (including programme and finance colleagues) ensuring our applications and reports are successful.
To supervise key parts of the income generation administration.
- Ensuring key accounts are always updated in the Salesforce database.
- Managing parts of the income and expenditure budget for the team.
- Managing and further developing the relevant administrative infrastructure, including Salesforce.
- Contribute to the management of the general fundraising communication channels.
- Directing and supporting the development of members of the Income Generation team with fundraising administration.
To actively contribute to building the culture, work practises and procedures needed for the team to thrive.
- Delivering excellent line management, developing, supporting and holding colleagues to account.
- Communicating effectively with senior management to support them in their goal. Acting as a bridge between senior and junior level staff members, highlighting any support needs in either direction.
- Being an active member of the wider management team, supporting the organisation to develop and apply policies which identify and manage marginalisation.
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising in the charity sector, in trusts and foundations.
- Experience in stewardship of large grants/donations, including meeting funders, writing reports and completing budget reconciliations.
- Using CRM databases, or spreadsheets, to record and manage funder relationships; researching and prospecting skills, as related to fundraising.
- Proven track record of building and managing successful funder relationships.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to breakdown complex information for funders.
- Ability to work well under pressure with capacity to prioritise a fast-paced workload and deliver to deadline and excellent time management and administrative skills.
- Financial literacy and confident in creating funder friendly budgets and reports.
- A track record of delivering excellent line management, supporting and developing staff both internally and with their wider professional development, as well as upwards management.
- Being proactive in the face of new challenges for example in the face of adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with comfort to work well with colleagues dispersed across different locations.
- Awareness of how systemic injustice operates in our society (things like economic inequality, racism and heterosexism), and excitement about the opportunity to be part of the team that is exploring how best to confront those issues in the workplace and in wider society.
- Experience in change management and culture building.
- Familiarity with cloud-based systems like Slack, G-Suite, Salesforce and Zoom.
Campaign Bootcamp welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals and are keen to enhance their team to reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities they serve. They would like to encourage applications from disabled, LGBT and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, as they are underrepresented at this level.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement that demonstrates why you would be a brilliant fit for our organisation, with examples and evidence that demonstrate how you meet the responsibilities set out above.
All appointments will be made on merit only.
Closing date: 23:59pm, on Sunday 7th February 2021.