We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
This exciting opening will define the category strategy for Sneakers/ Trainers as part of eBay’s broader Luxury Clothing, Footwear and Accessories strategy in the UK, and execute this through working with strategically important sellers, brands and retailers in the trading team to ensure that eBay has the inventory to continue to grow this area plus being accountable for the operational and commercial success of the overall seller portfolio and the wider category.
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay
- Collaborate with internal Product, Marketing and Operations teams to activate UK category plans that are consistent with eBay’s overall and category strategy
- Develop expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Represent eBay within the industry and drive awareness of the eBay proposition within the relevant buyer and seller communities, whilst being the voice of those communities within eBay.
- Develop approaches to influence the broad based on SMB and consumer sellers in your category to increase the quality and breadth of our inventory
- Build range and promotional plans, to target merchandise and use levers to get products and promotions on site
- Drive working relationships with global teams including product
We would love to hear from you if you have a strong ecommerce or online platform background as a commercial or business development manager with strong commercial acumen, comfortable operating in a fast-paced e-commerce / online environment.
Experience within Luxury Clothing, especially Trainers, with a track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets is a plus. Experience of trading sneakers/ trainers on online marketplaces is also beneficial.
Standout negotiation skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships is key, crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, operating with agility and easily adapting to change.
A proven strategic thinker and self-starter, you can make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems and drive commercial results through business development and acquisition. A strong ability to analyse data and draw actionable insights from these is key plus being comfortable to engage at the most senior levels within brands and retailers.
This role offers fantastic career development for an individual with excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here.