About World 50, Inc.
About World 50:: Founded in 2004, World 50 consists of private peer communities that enable CEOs and C-level executives at globally respected organizations to discover better ideas, share valuable experiences and build relationships that make a lasting impact. The busiest officer-level executives and their most promising future leaders trust World 50 to facilitate collaboration, conversation and counsel on the topics most crucial to leading, transforming and growing modern enterprises. Membership is by invitation only. World 50 communities serve every significant enterprise leadership role. World 50 members reside in more than 27 countries on six continents and are leaders at companies that average more than $30 billion in revenue. World 50 is a private company that serves no other purpose than to accelerate the success of its members and their organizations. It is composed of highly curious associates who consider it a privilege to help leaders stay ahead.
The position of Sales Director reports directly to the Head of Sales and plays a critical role in the development and execution of the firm’s new business goals. The successful candidate for this position will both drive and support activities related to marketing and recruiting for existing and new World 50 executive groups while ensuring seamless interdepartmental collaboration on prospect/member touchpoints.
World 50, Inc. is a small but fast-growing company. This critical position is the first outside of the US and offers great growth potential and the opportunity to drive the sales function, shape the product offering and help drive the company’s international expansion. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion and appreciation for an effective and efficient sales process as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Success will be determined by building interest and leading/moving prospects through the sales pipeline.
- Working with Associates to develop C-Suite leads through professional networking, research and cold-call techniques
- Being the lead presenter on all first calls with prospective members
- Understanding evolving business terrains and effectively articulating the value proposition to prospective members
- Working with membership group leaders to close new members active through a consultative sales approach
- Executing the company’s sales methodology and meet new member acquisition targets in each of the assigned groups
- Providing regular and structured market feedback to product leaders to help shape international product offerings
- Work with Commercial Operations and Strategy to support the launch of new product offerings internationally
- Proven sales record to C-Suite executives
- Successful experience in sales environments with emphasis on high volume transactional achievement
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to quickly build credibility with an executive-level audience
- Superior time management and organization skills
- Proven Verifiable History of quota Achievement
- Solution-based sales experience with an emphasis on service-oriented products
- Exposure selling an "intellectual" service
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication
- Self-starter who can seek out needs and information without directives
- Superior writing and proofreading skills. Must possess the ability to write and edit text to appropriately and proactively anticipate the needs of the audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and perform in several capacities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of ten years transactional sales experience with success closing new business
- Executive search or C-suite consulting sales experience to Fortune 1000 executives
- Strong Business to Business (B2B) sales experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the responsibilities of this position, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to travel.
The position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position.