Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Sports’ digital products are the number one destination for sports fans in the UK. With an ever-increasing audience on mobile devices, this role is responsible for the growth and maintenance of some of Sky Sports most popular products.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a Junior Social Media Journalist to join the Sky Sports Digital Production Unit, using the best techniques and systems to curate the best of social media for both broadcast and digital spaces, as well as produce compelling, innovative ways of storytelling. – Jordan Halford, Social Media Editor.
What you’ll do:
– Promote the best of our video content using techniques suited to each social platform, as well as producing engaging and effective social video and graphics.
– Work closely with our Social Media Journalists, production and editorial teams to make sure our social output is fully aligned with all output streams.
– Come up with innovative ways of promoting our hero events with special one-off campaigns.
– Demonstrate and understanding of editorial processes with a keen interest in to developing their own news judgement.
– Contribute new ideas and propositions to ensure the continued evolution of Sky Sports digital and social platforms.
– Maintain a good knowledge of current sporting issues, stories and rival publishers.
What you’ll bring:
– Understanding of social platforms, social video techniques and the different ways new audiences consume content.
– Demonstrable passion and knowledge for sport.
– An understanding of emerging platforms with a keen interest in technology and innovation.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
– Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced environment with tight deadlines.
– Highly motivated and creative.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.