We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
About the Team
The Business Development Partnership Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Business Development in establishing and growing relationships with service providers, to unlock new seller acquisition at scale & broaden service capabilities for newly onboarded sellers.
Key interfaces include
- Merchant Integration Solutions
- Global customer experience
- Global partnerships team
- Category Leads
- Horizontal Trading
- Risk & Trust
As Partnership Manager, you will build and expand partnerships with marketplace agencies/service providers who have limited presence on eBay UK today to further drive seller and inventory acquisition to grow the eBay business.
Identifying targets and a network of contacts for both the short and long term acquisition of businesses new to eBay through running a significant sales pipeline, you will provide a constant stream of new inventory to our site. This will include brands & sellers for the ‘Trading’ function to leverage in our regular promotional cycles.
This exciting opening will also work with new brands and sellers to ensure their readiness to trade, enabling them to utilise the full trading capability of the platform.
Working closely with partners, it will provide support with sales pitches to potential brands and sellers as well as troubleshooting any technical and operational issues which may arise in the onboarding process. It will also design and build new processes to track the sales pipelines of the partners and their performance.
Through constantly innovating, developing your operating model to keep pace with the evolving eCommerce market plus building the team’s execution and operational capability, the role drive procedural change and business performance.
Success measures will include:
- Establishment of a broader partner network to support the E2E acquisition pipeline
- Deliver ROI on commercial agreements with associated partners
- Target list to fix inventory gaps and broaden brand coverage
- Revenue, customer and operationally led focus
- GMV target for brands, sellers and inventory
You will have:
- Experience of successful sales, account management or business development roles within online retail environment. Preferably within a marketplace or marketplace agency / service provider.
- Experience with leading complex commercial relationships
- An entrepreneurial approach coupled with an eye for detail and process
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job
- The ability to apply negotiation skills with external businesses to build and maintain mutually beneficial commercial relations – with a deep understanding of brand, seller & partner needs, challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Able to communicate optimally in large or small group settings
- Ability to make decisions that build general consensus amongst groups/individuals with different objectives, strategic agendas or priorities; leveraging customer and performance data to rationalise choices and drive positive results for the overall business.
- Passionately understand the eBay customer, and drive a customer-first mindset across the business.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/compan... Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.