The Whitehall & Industry Group
Head of Talent – executive search, recruitment, learning & development
Location: Home-working initially. Subsequently Westminster, London
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
We would like to hear from candidates seeking either a full-time or a reduced hour position of a 9-day fortnight or similar.
BAME Recruitment are delighted to be partnering with The Whitehall & Industry Group (WIG) to recruit a Head of Talent.
WIG is a charity – not for profit, but for purpose, driven by a team passionate about improving mutual understanding and constructive collaboration between government, industry, and the not-for-profit sector.
They achieve this by providing a trusted environment in which they expose leaders to cross-sector perspectives through transferring knowledge, skills, and experience. They offer the opportunity for connections, collaboration, and mutual learning, and use the support of those that have benefited to advance their purpose. Here is our story of how it all began The WIG Story – How it all began - YouTube
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and leading a team of three, you will have a unique opportunity to work at the interfaces between business, government and the not-for-profit sector.
You and your team will generate suitable income to support WIG’s charitable purpose in the following areas:
- Secondments – operating at a range of levels between sectors
- Charity Next – a specific programme of secondments targeted at future leaders, currently operating in partnership with the Civil Service fast stream
- Non-Executive Director & Trustee recruitment
- Mentoring & Reverse Mentoring schemes
You will ensure that a growing number of organisations both within and outside WIG’s membership engage with their offer, instilling a best in class customer service ethos and consultative mindset, with equality, diversity and inclusion at its heart.
As well as responsibility for the Talent service portfolio, the successful individual will be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to WIG’s wider strategy, internal recruitment and projects.
- Design, deliver, evaluate, and provide oversight of WIG's Talent offer, in close liaison with WIG members and other stakeholders.
- Innovate to develop new WIG Talent offerings in line with both wider marketplace developments and WIG member expectations.
- Generate commercial opportunities within WIG's charitable purpose, ensuring that our services reach a diverse range of organisations and individuals.
- Manage the Talent Team providing leadership, strategic direction, and operational line management, including resourcing.
- Ensure the flourishing of senior external relationships – particularly with Non-Executive and Trustee communities.
- Write proposals, pitch, and negotiate terms for our service.
- Own and develop WIG's Governance Network – a forum for Non-Executives and Trustees across our membership for dialogue and sharing of best practice.
- Integrate with other WIG Teams, particularly with crosscutting areas such as Marketing and Operations.
- Contributing to WIG's strategy delivery, in addition to contributing to oversight and management of WIG's broader operations as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Relationship management of about 20 WIG members from across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors – ensuring that they get the very best value from membership.
What will make you successful
- A strong interest in government, business and charities, their interaction, and the value of cross-sector learning.
- Experience of Executive Search, Recruitment or Learning & Development in the public, private, or not-for-profit sectors.
- You’ll bring a creative, resourceful, and innovative approach to how the Talent business is delivered together with the ability to scan the horizon for future trends that can benefit WIG and their members.
- You will demonstrate innovation and prowess in how the Talent business is delivered; ability to scan the horizon for future trends that can benefit WIG and our members.
WIG is committed to creating inclusive career opportunities and applications are welcomed from individuals regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race and faith.
If you have a disability and require specific support during the recruitment process, please contact us to explore what adjustments we can make to facilitate your success. You can contact us by emailing: Enny@bamerecruitment.com
Closing date 21st March 23.59 hours
For a more detailed Job description and how to apply, please follow this link: https://sway.office.com/XA0XGn...