Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
You will be joining a small development team within a larger department, creating solutions that help Sky to offer telephone and broadband services to the UK market.
What you’ll do:
– Design, implement, and maintain, solutions to the requirements of the business.
– Develop automated tests and tools for the team’s codebase.
– Investigate tools and technologies that may improve the department’s ability to provide top-quality solutions.
– Pair with and mentor other programmers.
– Help to shape team and department strategy for the future.
What you’ll bring:
– In-depth knowledge of Java and related tools and languages.
– Strong experience with Agile methodologies.
– Strong self-motivation and a desire to develop your career further.
– Strong communications skills, both in technical and non-technical matters.
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Thomas More Square:
Our tech-focused teams sit across from Tower Bridge in the heart of Wapping. Tower Hill Underground Station is a 10-minute walk away, while Wapping and Shadwell train stations are 15 minutes away. Bike shelters and showers await for those who prefer two-wheeled transport.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.