Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
More about Diageo is available at its web site: https://www.diageo.com/
The Revenue & Growth Planning team are responsible for defining and designing the commercial strategy across all categories and channels, translating our long term trade and marketing strategies into actionable 4P commercial plans. Working in partnership with category, marketing, activation, innovation, commercial and finance, RGP build the one commercial plan that drives what and where we execute, and performance manage the business against set objectives. This team are decision makers on the channel sub category success models on price, promo and input into decisions on presence (assortment) and placement. They build a bank of M&E and understand the short and long term ROI of all discretionary customer investment, tasked with driving higher ROI while meeting long term business objectives. The team will also understand the impact of all NRM and GM levers across pack , channel, price and promotion and will use this to orchestrate the business approval of the one commercial plan that drives what we sell and execute.
- Partner with the Senior Revenue Growth Planning Managers to build the one commercial plan for all channels
- Identify revenue maximisation opportunities through category sprints and associated analytics, resulting in clear business recommendations.
- Design fit for purpose promotional guidelines and measure & evaluate the return on existing mechanics - build a bank of growth driver and ROI driver M&E and constantly seek to improve return of total customer investment
- Establish appropriate pack price architecture for current and emerging channels of trade
- Support the commercial teams to develop investment business cases that deliver revenue and margin expansions and facilitate the approval process.
- Lead and execute projects that build NRM capability and create new value for Diageo and our customer
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Cross-functional experience in sales and category roles
- Commercial Strategy & Planning / NRM Experience a plus
- Project Management, Analytical and core-selling skills
- Time management & prioritisation skills
- Can build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team
- Problem solver & driven team player who can deal with ambiguity & adapt quickly