Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- Deliver industry-leading content across all mediums – physical, digital, video
- Own the Mitie Tone of voice and ensure that business communications reflects follows guidelines
- Develops compelling story/hooks for customers
- Leads the content community within Mitie
- Delivers deep customer insights through well structured research
- Developing outstanding content for the customer helping to build a strong total customer experience
- Creating a content strategy and content calendar that fuels Mitie’s marketing channels: conferences, white papers, digital channels
- Leading an external network of content experts to produce materials of exceptional quality build Mitie credibility and commercial leads
- Deploying the content across all channels, making trade offs and prioritising to ensure that effectiveness is optimised across key BU and commercial metrics
- Working with the Chief Marketing Officer to identify key trends and agree powerful, cohesive creative themes for marketing activity
- Working closely with the BUs to ensure the content strategies are fully aligned
- Acting as our content ambassador and ensuring we are delivering appropriate and format friendly content across our digital ecosystem and traditional channels
- Working with internal Business units, functions, corporate comms and external stakeholders/partners to curate/create/source content.
- Analysing content performance and reporting back with insights
- Build strong relationship with comms team, customer marketing and Bid teams to ensure consistent & aligned output of content.
- Ensuring that we are consistent in our content execution (tone, language, approach) and is aligned to brand guidelines
- Self-starter who enjoys working in ambiguity
- Someone who is passionate about creating and building programmes and enjoys seeing their programmes impact the end customer
- Ability to interact with senior executive stakeholders
- Some one with self insight and is keen to develop and grow… it is a journey not an end
- A doer who executes quickly, learns, reapplies
- Some one who can have fun and contributes to the broader team
- Ability to stand in the shoes of our target audience
- Extensive content and digital experience
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong SEO knowledge
- Self-directing and able to operate independently
- Strong strategic thinker
- Experience with all digital content formats
- A passion for the end user experience
- Data driven decision maker
- Ability to develop compelling narratives and language
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.