Justerini & Brooks (“J&B”) is a London, Hong Kong and Edinburgh based wine and spirits merchant, founded in 1749 and one of the world’s most recognised names in fine wine with a royal warrant and a high reputation for quality and service. J&B has many years of combined experience in buying and selling of fine and rare wines and its wine portfolio provides access to a full range of exceptional value wines, fine and rare wines and en primeur.
J&B also has a dedicated on-trade division which supplies wines, Champagnes and spirits to restaurants, bars, hotels, catering companies and independent retailers throughout the UK.
J&B‘s private clients are the global elite, many of whom spend over £50k per annum with J&B (and some over £1m). As such they demand a luxury experience at every touchpoint in J&B. The international fine wine market is a competitive and demanding business. The focus for J&B is to continually develop our sales service in line with changing markets and client needs. The aim is to beat the competition and to develop long-standing client and supplier relationships by ensuring we offer market leading advice, stock and service to our customers.
This .NET developer role, reports to the Head of Marketing with a dotted line to the Senior Website Developer. The role holder will be responsible for developing the required changes on Justerinis.com independently to growth of users, increased user experience on site as well as driving growth in sales for our wines and spirits.
- Work in an agile team to deliver feature to build and improve the platform and user experience we offer to our staff and customers.
- Adapt to evolving business needs or project requirements.
- Assist in determining the future technical direction of implementation, which a focus on improving reliability and performance.
Ideal Experience Required
- Commercial experience in application development.
- Building and maintaining large complex web applications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, implementation, and testing.
- Solid understanding of object-orientated design and programming techniques.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, including exposure to tables, views and stored procedures.
- Proven ability in creating and consuming APIs.
- Acute awareness during development to satisfy industry compliance standards, such as GDPR and PCI-DSS.
Experience Working With The Following Technologies Is a Must
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything