eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
The Collectables team is part of the UK Trading team, and works across multiple categories in the UK including Stamps, Coins, Memorabilia, Art etc. We partner with our global product & technology teams, and local marketing teams to develop, build and deliver a differentiated proposition.
eBay UK have an exciting opportunity for a Head of the Collectibles Category to lead this growing area for eBay and play a pivotal role in owning and driving the growth for your area of the business. As part of the UK management team, you will create new and better ways for the organisation to be successful, ensuring the focus is aligned with our goals and DNA.
• Develop innovative programs and to implement growth strategies, manage seller behaviour and maximise operational efficiency to position eBay as the best place for buyers to buy and sellers to sell excellent products
• Lead and develop the category, including strategy definition, operational cadences (insights, reporting, trading) and key relationships
• Identify and source relevant and market-leading inventory to support execution of strategy and ensure eBay is the most competitive site to find great value
• Plan and execute cross-organizational projects to strengthen eBay’s competitiveness
• Own and cultivate the relationship with key sellers, brands, and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
• Build, advance, and close a strong sales pipeline to acquire, grow and retain sellers, partners and brands selling on eBay
• Develop annual strategy and quarterly commercial plans as part of the trading leadership team
• Lead and influence in a matrix environment, building strong relationships with a range of internal teams including Finance, Marketing, Operations, Legal and People
• Grow and inspire the individuals in your team to successfully drive business results whilst crafting a team environment of trust, collaboration, motivation and fun
• A strong background in a digital B2C or C2C environment, ideally in e-commerce, or a consumer-facing online platform plus previous experience and/or a keen interest in one or more of the categories seen here.
• Validated experience of budget / P&L ownership and delivery
• Strong executive presence and ability to communicate clearly and simply. Ease with executive-level interactions - ability to distil complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and measurable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
• Strong people leadership skills, confident in providing mentoring and leadership from junior to senior members of the team.
• Ability to articulate vision and purpose for the initiatives and programs as it relates to long-term goals and objectives
• Proven track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organisation
• Strong structured thinking and communication skills plus commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
• You will also have a sense of integrity, commercial agility, strategy, operational maturity, and accountability
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you can bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.