Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Manage and co-ordinate MITIE’s planned maintenance activities within the contract whilst ensuring the site team and all sub-contractors are managed
- To manage and support the Site Lead with the day to day running of the operational team, deputising in his absence.
- To analyse delivery performance and develop on-going contribution to the contract, controlling and minimising operational, financial and commercial risk.
- Ensure that all contractual CI’s, KPI’s & PI’s are continually met for the contract and that working towards achieving success is embedded across the teams
- To provide management information/reporting as required, drawing reports from CAFM system
- To monitor and control supplier, sub-contractor and labour costs to ensure transparency & accuracy is achieved
- Lead by example with regards to health and safety, compliance with statutory and contractual legislative requirements, and adhering to the strict GSK Permit to Work regulations
- Participate in site audits as per communicated schedule.
- Holds relevant professional, technical or management qualifications, and/or has relevant experience
- Can demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality systems and the management of safe systems of work associated with the role and work environment.
- Able to represent MITIE professionally at both internal and external meetings
- Able to undertake budget setting and demonstrate appropriate financial management
- Able to lead, motivate and manage a team effectively
- Seeks out and takes opportunities to learn new skills as part of personal professional development
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety supported by IOSH / NEBOSH qualification or willing to undertake.
- Trade skills and qualifications or industry experience.
- Have a solid background in commercial building maintenance
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.