Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
We are seeking a naturally confident, reliable Design Operations Lead, to join our experienced design team based in Manchester or Birmingham working on site for our client who is one of the Big 4 professional services firms. In this role you will be responsible for scheduling and monitoring the day-to-day activities of the team’s workload, managing and coordinating the flow of information between our team and the client, including attending client briefing meetings. You will complete daily and weekly reporting and ensure that all projects are on track and meeting budgets. The successful candidate will be client facing with proven communication and organisational skills.
During the current time the role is based predominantly from home, but will move to shared office/home as necessary.
- Manage a range of design projects for our client, delivering all projects to schedule, within budget and meeting all reporting requirements.
- Attend design briefing meetings, establishing the design requirements from the client and being able to convey this to the team to design and meet the brief.
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed and organised project plans that document delivery milestones, decisions, and risks.
- Working creatively and consistently within Corporate Branding guidelines.
- Provide project management from initial research, scoping, planning and scheduling through to co-ordinating, design and delivery.
- Facilitate the day-to-day running of design projects by organising meetings, preparing and disseminating notes and consolidating and distilling complex ideas into simple, engaging, and effective updates to stakeholders and team members.
- Translate project objectives into manageable tasks.
- Acting as the key day to day contact between teams managing their tasks and/or design requests from start to end.
- Advising clients on cost, available resources, problems and solutions.
- Ensuring designers work inline with budgets/deadlines
- Helping to adopt a customer service approach with a view to continuous account development.
- Continuously assessing working methods and processes and making recommendations for improvement
- Providing admin support to help ensure key Service Level Agreements are met and recorded accurately.
- General project administration including all files, resources, documents, passwords and any other assets are up to date and accessible by the team
- Monitor client satisfaction, and anticipate issues that may arise providing intervention and solutions at the earliest possible opportunity and working with the Design Services Manager where needed.
- Assisting with the quality review of all documents before they are sent to the customer to consider.
- On occasion, helping the design team with design work.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly report submitted to Design Services Manager as required, keeping within deadline and adding detailed comments where applicable
- Develop and enhance relationship with our client.
- Inform Design Serices Manager of any staffing and/or operational issues
- Fulfil any reasonable and ad-hoc requests from management
- Assist and prepare documentation for service reviews.
- Creativity – Must have the ability to produce high-quality materials when provided with the following elements: text, imagery, colour palette and Corporate Branding guidelines. Must also have a disciplined approach to creativity, adhering to the rules and guidelines set out. Where necessary, should have the ability to make judgments on corporate identity issues to ensure a consistent, high quality look and feel to the design.
- Client focus – Must demonstrate a client-focused approach to providing a service, through personal commitment to the client and their business. Should build effective client-relationships based on trust, flexibility and a professional approach and be able to deal confidently with the client.
- Project and time management – Will demonstrate good time and project-management skills, as projects will require multiple actions. Must be able to manage and prioritise several projects on a daily basis. Will take basic brief through to finished product, under supervision of Seniors.
- Drive and enthusiasm – Will work with energy and enthusiasm, taking responsibility and ownership of projects. Should be determined to achieve results and be prepared to put in extra effort when required.
- Personal development – Will take responsibility for own development. Should seek and act upon feedback concerning own performance. Should be willing to share knowledge and experience with others.
- Judgement – Must be able to make logical decisions, considering all relevant information and alternative solutions. Should also consider the broader implications of proposed actions.
- Effective communication – Must speak clearly and concisely, ensuring all important information is communicated. Should ask relevant questions to ensure understanding. Must be sensitive to the client’s needs, remaining calm and confident, even in difficult situations. When required, should produce (under supervision of a Senior) clear and well-structured written communications.
- Quality – Should demonstrate a concern for quality of results, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Must check work carefully and ensure all jobs worked on are checked by the Project Manager and follow the quality checking procedures before sending to the client. Must ensure that all work is presented according to brand guidelines.
- Planning and organising – Must plan and schedule activities to ensure best use of time and resources. Should take a logical and systematic approach to work, monitoring progress on tasks and reprioritising them to take account of changing circumstances. Must have ability to track several projects at once and monitor their progress throughout the production cycle.
- Team working – Must work in partnership with colleagues to achieve common goals. Should be willing to offer help and assistance to others and be understanding of others’ needs, in turn contributing to a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrable experience of defining, developing and executing design briefs.
- Know what ‘good’ looks like from a design perspective and push the team to reach the highest standards.
- Exceptional communication skills to coordinate with internal stakeholders and the team.
- Experience working with multiple teams at the same time and knowledge of how to translate requirements / briefs to receive detailed designs.
- Very detail oriented and organised with great attention to detail, with ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- Self-motivated attitude and able to use your initiative and to influence without direct line management
- Ability to understand complex problems or technical issues and how they impact customer experience and the end product.
- Ability to communicate to a high standard face-to-face, on the telephone and in email/instant messenger applications.
- Timely and efficient approach to work, using personal organisation skills to prioritise and adapt to workflow.
- Enthusiasm for the performance of the team, working flexibly and celebrating our individual and group achievements.
- Time management and the ability to manage others time to have an efficient focussed team.
- Sensitivity and understanding of the specific needs of our clients, focussing on protecting information at all times.
- Pride in being professional, approachable and friendly, creating an outstanding customer experience for clients and colleagues from all levels within the firm.
- Experience in handling complaints calmly and effectively, ensuring that client needs are met and seeking referral where appropriate.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications and confidence in using a range of IT applications and learning new software quickly.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including English grades A-C.
- Experience of Project Management within a design field.
- Experience of scheduling and reporting
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC and Google Suite softwares
- At least five years experience in a customer service role.
- Experience of embodying the Mitie values and behaviours below.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.