We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Fundraising & Marketing Executive, Global’s Make Some Noise
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Fundraising Campaign Manager, who is targeted with fundraising across Make Some Noise’s and Global’s platforms - including Heart, Capital, Classic FM and Radio X. The role will also have a dotted line to the Marketing Manager.
Global’s Make Some Noise is part of Global Goodness, harnessing the power and reach of our brands to support small charities across the UK, raising vital funds and awareness to help the people who need it most in our communities.
Overview of job
This is a hugely exciting hands-on role which combines a marketeer’s audience-focused thinking and digital skills, along with an understanding of fundraising. The postholder will be responsible for the delivery of fundraising campaigns and activities, as well as the day-to-day running of our social media channels and websites. The postholder will also be required to cover the Marketing Manager as needed. The shape of the role will evolve across the year according to our external and internal campaign priorities.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll get to use your skills to make a real and positive difference, working with amazing, good causes and great people from charities across the UK.
- You’ll work alongside some of the biggest radio stations, high profile talent and with a range of teams across Global’s portfolio.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop a variety of skills through creativity and innovative thinking.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Developed your knowledge of our supported charities and found compelling and innovative ways to share their stories online.
- Built great relationships with the Global’s Make Some Noise team and other stakeholders.
- Become adept as using the digital platforms and tools for creating social and web content.
- Designed brilliant assets and crafted copy which helps bring our campaigns to life.
- Collaborated on fundraising initiatives that you can feel proud of.
Responsibilities of the role
Fundraising: Leading and supporting fantastic fundraising initiatives across the year, including project managing aspects of our main appeal.
- Be a point of contact and support to allocated radio brands to facilitate their on-air appeal activity and year-round events.
- Provide exceptional project management and administrative support for Global’s Make Some Noise activity and events.
- Design and deliver first-rate supporter care for activities.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained on our fundraising databases, and assist with account admin including invoices, payments, contracts, processes and reporting.
- Support the Fundraising Campaign Manager and team as and when required.
- Write-up post-project reports and analysis, suggesting areas of improvement.
- Manage budgets, looking for efficiencies and proactively spotting fundraising opportunities.
- Assist with data and the day-to-day running of the Make Some Noise shop and take ownership of shop brand guidelines.
Marketing: Lead key marketing areas and provide support across the organisation to deliver effective communication and fundraising activities.
- Support the delivery of the marketing strategy and implement communications plans for fundraising and awareness-raising activities.
- Manage and schedule social media activity and website content.
- Maintain a monthly marketing plan and create engaging storytelling content for our platforms.
- Find new and exciting ways of telling our story, promoting activities and engaging with our audiences across digital platforms.
- Write compelling communications and proof copy, ranging from community fundraising to corporate partner activities.
- Write detailed briefs for our in-house design and video teams and provide creative direction to develop a range of marketing content.
- Create high quality assets to support activity using photoshop.
- Act as a brand guardian, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders have the resources and support they need to meet brand guidelines.
- Ensure all output is compliant an in-line with the latest rules and industry guidelines.
- Maintain Google Ad Grants, SEO and SMO tactics and analyse data to optimise future marketing, content and design.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Background: Relevant experience in digital, marketing or communications environment. Previous charity experience is an advantage.
- Social and Digital: You’ll have a an excellent grasp of social and digital marketing and experience of using digital platforms to engage audiences.
- Writing: You’ll be experienced in writing content for a variety of media, with a brilliant style that can range from punchy to emotive, to suit different audiences and activations. You’ll have a high standard of literacy and strong attention to detail.
- Planning: You’ll be highly organised, with demonstrable experience of working under pressure, often to tight deadlines. The role is split between fundraising and marketing, so you’ll need to be comfortable working closely with two managers.
- Systems: Ideally, you’ll have significant experience in the use of social media scheduling platforms, Adobe Photoshop, website content management systems, e.g. WordPress, Pardot CRM platforms and analytics software.
- Creativity: You’ll be a creative, innovative thinker and storyteller.
- Learning: You’ll have a desire for continuous learning of best marketing practice.
- Numeracy: Strong numeracy with experience of using formula in Excel; managing budgets, on the look-out to raise the maximum amount of money for the greatest return, and the sense to take action when figures don’t look right.
- Proactivity: A proactive thinker, always looking to spot opportunities and using your initiative to spot issues before they occur.
- Team player: Seeing a project right through to the end – and staying late when needed. We’re looking for a supportive, enthusiastic and proactive team member with the drive and determination to help out and get things done and who is always looking to spot opportunities.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.