Head of Engagement & Communications
Location: London Wall. This role is available full-time, part time or job share.
As is most of the world, the entire team is currently working remotely, and this is something we intend to carry on embracing into the future. The role has a hub location in London, but we expect this role to work in a hybrid way, flexing between working from home and the office hub.
Our Mission Helping Britain Recover
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows. We need people who can make this transformation a reality.
About the Engagement & Communications team
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our team in Chief Operating Office Transformation & Tech (COO) supporting Group Transformation (GT) & Group Chief Information Office (CIO) at Lloyds Banking Group. You'll enjoy an energising environment where you'll see our real passion for diversity and equal opportunity.
Recent activity the team has been involved with is introducing new ways of engaging colleagues through virtual events, improving recognition in Group Transformation with the launch of Transformer Awards and driving the operational communications and colleague wellbeing surveys in response to the pandemic.
We're looking for someone to develop and deliver an integrated colleague communication and engagement strategy that reaches into the divisions. A strategic and creative problem solver with experience of delivering outstanding communications, driving two-way dialogue with colleagues and leading change, this role will enable ground-breaking and cultural change all delivered in an inclusive and agile way. Partnering closely with Group Transformation Executives and Group Chief Information Office Executives, you'll provide specialist thought leadership on all aspects of internal communication and engagement. Unafraid of challenging the norm, you'll build joined up compelling narratives, using creative license to provide the best way of communicating to our colleagues.
- Using the key themes from colleague surveys build a compelling strategy that will build on the GT and GCIO cultural priorities
- Build creative integrated campaigns pertinent to supporting both GT and GCIO strategy
- Build a divisional wide editorial calendar setting out when we're targeting colleagues and with what method and channel
- Establish a clear leadership programme for both divisions to support our transformational narrative
- Support the planning and delivery of all Colleague Engagement Surveys including delivery of comms, reporting, and presenting results
- Ensure all internal facing Group campaigns are appropriately communicated to colleagues in a timely manner
- Ensure team keep on top of key trends and changes with the internal comms space
- Lead the channel strategy supporting the introduction of new channels using creative engagement
- Oversee relationships with 3rd party suppliers
What we need from you:
- Proven track record of delivering truly ground-breaking engagement and communication programmes in FTSE 100 or equivalent organisations
- Experience in building and leading a high performance team with credible communication and engagement skills and capabilities
- A recognised Subject Matter Expertise for large scale Communication and Colleague Engagement programs
- Experience of setting the direction of the communication of large-scale Digital Transformation & Cultural change programs
- Expertise in delivering targeted channel strategies to address broad and varied partner groups with comprehensive analysis and reporting of metrics and engagement
We would welcome someone that can demonstrate an understanding of Agile Ways of Working and someone with experience in the delivery of effective colleague engagement programmes.
What you'll get in return:
Salary and Benefits package: £99, 360 - £124, 200 base salary, plus excellent benefits including a generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, a 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash), 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, discretionary variable annual performance bonus and Private Medical health cover, Share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make a difference
The opportunity to grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in opportunities for personal development and development of others and make a difference to the way we engage and communicate across the divisions.
We're proud to have received the following industry recognition:
'Stonewall Top Private Sector Employer', 'Top10 Employer for Working Families', 'The Times Top 50 Employer for Women', 'Gold Standard' and "Best Workplace Adjustments Process" from the Business Disability Forum - each demonstrating our dedication to the principles of agile working and inclusion for all.
Sound like your ideal next workplace? If you have the right skills, we're after and playing a key role in our continuing transformation programme appeals then get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.