eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organisations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We have an exciting opening for a highly analytical, and customer-focused marketer to help lead our marketing investment delivering customer acquisition. The role will enable you to think strategically about how we invest our spend across a broad portfolio of channels. We want to deliver the best commercial outcomes for the business for the short and long term, helping to build a database of valuable and loyal customers.
We already have 29m+ customers but we are looking for someone who can help us maintain this momentum through a strategic approach to customer acquisition, understanding the dynamics of all channels, and impact of our spend.
You will be a driver of cross-team collaboration: working closely with other marketing leads to understand how we plan and execute our investment to support business goals; liaising with platforms and partners to identify opportunities for us to innovate and test new routes to acquire customers; collaborating with our global teams to deliver the strategy and flex to the needs of the business; working with Customer Science to identify opportunities to improve our audience targeting and maximise CLV; and liaising with Finance and Analytics teams to understand and improve the impact of our investments.
Leading the acquisition of customers to fuel our growth
- Oversee our local strategy for customer acquisition (buyer and C2C seller) to ensure you can effectively influence global strategy and investment decisions
- Champion the understanding of the dynamics in customer acquisition from paid, organic and free traffic drivers
- Proactively diagnose issues in our customer acquisition plans, to identify issues or opportunities so we can continually improve outcomes
Understanding the impact of our investment
- Work alongside Finance and other members of the Customer Growth team to manage our holistic budget and ensure our investment portifolio is balanced
- Contribute proactively to discussions on how we measure our investment, improve attribution and optimize performance
- Explore opportunities to test new measurement tools which improve our understanding of the impact of all of our investments
- Champion a culture of test and learn with all our investments and working with the media partners
Driving alignment across teams to accelerate progress
- Plan our marketing investment for performance channels, collaborating with the Global team to ensure its executed in line with our strategic goals
- Collaborate with brand, comms and owned channel teams as specialists in their areas to understand how performance channels could support their activity
- Manage expectations across the business and share updates in senior forums, bringing the right people into conversations at the right time
- Ensure effectiveness governance for our audience targeting across all channels, so customers have the best experience of eBay in their acquisition journey
- Work with Trading teams to align acquisition activity to conversion driving levers, to improve the efficiency of our spend
- Work with Product to optimize experiences for new users and new customers arriving at eBay to increase the likelihood of conversion
Championing a culture of innovation to accelerate performance
- Nurture a team of performance marketing specialists who build investment plans with long-term customer acquisition at the heart of them
- Work with Customer Science teams to identify opportunities for us to use our audience data to more effectively target relevant audiences
- Partner with third party ad platforms to innovate in new formats, optimize our performance and understand how we can gain insights through those relationships
- Monitor the retail market and competitors to see opportunities and risks, as well as proactively make recommendations on actions we should take to
- Proven e-commerce experience at manager level
- Management experience showing capacity to set clear goals, and support team members to deliver them effectively, creating a climate where people are motivated to their best and aligned to business goals
- Passionate about customers and a customer-first approach
- Upbeat, flexible, and confident in leading through ambiguity
- Highly competent in analytics and financial performance, able to commission but also interrogate insight
- Results oriented with a consistent record in managing metrics with impact on business performance
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships
- Strong communication skills, quickly able to gain trust and confidence with people at all levels
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation
Effective and efficient…
- Proven record of delivery under pressure and an ability to excel in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Effective time management, balancing being creative and curious with the need to prioritise
- Self-starter with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/compan... Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.