At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce in the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new!
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world better
The Electricals team works across Appliances, Computing (laptops, desktops, etc.), Consumer electronics (TVs, Audio, Smart home) and Entertainment (Books, Film and Music). We use market and customer insight to define our category’s trading strategy and work with brands, retailers and business sellers to bring the right product range and promotional activity on ebay.co.uk to provide the best selection at market leading prices for our customers.
This role is accountable for both the operational and commercial success of the brand and retailer portfolio and the wider category experience and retail standards.
Working cross functionally to influence the wider organisation and partners to ensure delivery of commercial targets and partnering with the Category Lead in developing the annual and quarterly commercial plans for the category, this is an unmissable opportunity !
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay and build inventory plans
- Business development to acquire new brands and sellers to ebay.co.uk. Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy
- Develop expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and Trade Organisations within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Proactive management of assigned accounts to identify and implement agreed scaling opportunities and resolve all operational issues through liaison with the support team.
- Develop approaches to influence the broad base of SMB and consumer sellers in your category to increase the quality and breadth of our inventory
- Work cross-functionally to execute promotions, price changes and other strategically critical activities
- Understand our current and future product requirements, be able to communicate these and influence the roadmap.
We would love to hear from you if you have a strong ecommerce or online platform background as an e-commerce, commercial or business development manager with strong commercial acumen, comfortable operating in a fast-paced online environment.
Previous experience and / or a keen interest in one or more of the Sound & Vision and Consumer Electronics categories.
Skilled at running peak trading periods, you will be highly analytical and KPI driven using data to drive business results and sales outcomes plus being comfortable to engage at the most senior levels within brands and retailers.
Standout negotiation skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships is key, crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, operating with agility and easily adapting to change.
A proven strategic thinker and self-starter, you can make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to optimally solve problems and drive commercial results through business development and acquisition.
This role offers fantastic career development for an individual with excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills and a team player.
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/