eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of !
The UK Monetisation team looks after improving long-term value creation for the company across buyers, sellers and partners. The Head of Financial Services Partnerships will own partnerships for the UK market to provide financing and other products to eBay buyers and sellers, for which they will drive the strategy and coordinate the implementation.
The candidate in this role will report into the UK Monetisation Director and the team sits within UK Operations. The successful candidate will need to operate cross-functionally in the day-to-day workings of the eBay’s UK business. Additionally, at the global level it will be essential to collaborate efficiently with the other major country leads in primarily USA and Germany to develop global initiatives and to build out a great suite of financial services for eBay customers.
The Head of Financial Services Partnerships will focus on delivering a suite of competitive, best in class financial services to serve eBay's buyers and sellers.
- Define the strategy for financial services partnerships for eBay UK, focusing first and foremost on delivering value for our customers across segments and categories
- Develop expertise on the financial services landscape in the UK and ensure our suite of offers is always competitive
- Ownership of contract negotiations and responsibility for engaging with legal, controllership and any other relevant teams to deliver strong partnerships
- Run the day to day relationships with existing partners and work to identify new potential relationships in the market
- Monitor KPIs to ensure that the programs we have are delivering against the customer objectives we set out
- Collaborate with eBay marketing teams on developing robust acquisition plans that support our customer goals
- Use commercial terms as a lever to incentivise the highest possible levels of service from the providers for the eBay Seller and Buyer community
- Regional and global partnership: collaboratively partner with t leads in USA and Germany and represent the UK in the relevant global forums
- Operational excellence: project manage marketing, finance, legal, customer service and analytics teams so that partnerships are accurately implemented as designed
- Product roadmap coordination: collaborate closely with the central product teams to ensure new tools and capability improvements that will address customer needs are delivered
We would love to hear from you if you have fulfilled or had exposure to a Partnerships Role, ideally with Financial Services products aimed at both consumers and businesses. This may be through having held variety of functional roles or through a period in consulting.
- Evidence of very strong intellectual ability – MBA, PhD or similar; top tier strategy consulting or similar environment experience Exceptional commercial and analytical thinking skills, which may come through a mix of experience in consulting and industry
- Great partner management skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to merge qualitative and strategic perspectives with analytics to build balanced recommendations
- Ability to lead delivery in a constantly evolving, multi-national cross functional business to ensure successful launch of new products
- A proven track record in a lean, matrixed environment in specific experience in delivering to multiple executive partners, across functions/geographies
- Energetic, flexible, and comfortable with leading through ambiguity in a trust-based, human way
- Standout relationship building and influencing with peers and senior partners across multiple functions and geographies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present proposals that incorporate the customer impact as well as the commercial impact
- Experience of a marketplace, or retail environment with an understanding of pricing in a C2C and B2C context is advantageous
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/compan...