- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
The purpose of the role is to manage an opportunity from qualification through to contract award. This includes understanding deliverables, assigning responsibilities, value proposition, strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations and risk management. Responsibilities include the implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes.
Working under the direction of the Work Winning Director, the role will focus on leading and owning the tender and pre-construction process on multiple competitive, negotiated, singe stage and 2 stage bids, working collaboratively with our pre-construction, operational and commercial teams.
As an integral member of our pre-construction team, you’ll coordinate and manage all pre-construction and tender activities from initial expression of interest through to final submission and handover to the construction phase team, taking ownership of the process and content.
It's essential that the candidate has experience within a Bid Management role within the engineering or construction sector. They'll need to be passionate about work winning and truly lead the process from start to finish. The candidate will have demonstrable experience of developing winning proposals and proven ability to produce high quality written tenders - ideally with a sound understanding of the social M&E sector. Ideally will have had bid writing & administration experience with a proven track record of quality writing, Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines and co-ordinate a team are all essential skills. The candidate should be a good team player and have a hands-on approach to writing and development of content.
They will need to deal with a matrix organisation and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning bid to the prospective client.
- Skills and experience
- HNC/D or degree level in Construction Management/Civil Engineering (desirable);
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Enthusiasm and the desire to win;
- Ability to work flexibly to tight deadlines;
- Effective communicator with the ability to manage a team;
- Construction knowledge and commercial appreciation;
- Ability to author technical and quality narrative and edit same by others (desirable);
- Attention to detail;
- Effective communication – both written and oral;
- Experience of managing a team in a bidding role;
- Good knowledge of building, civil engineering and general construction techniques and methodology;
An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters.
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received
- Report any issues or training needs to your line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system