Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Location: Manchester (employees can work remotely)
Contract length: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
This exciting new opportunity will see you provide project management and technical support for the integrated projects team, responsible for the delivery of multidisciplinary solutions including sustainability projects such as BMS retrofit projects, Nationwide upgrade programmes, Carbon Reduction projects, metering, integrated Smart Building energy efficiency initiatives.
In your new role you will:
- Manage projects effectively and efficiently targeting a minimum of 20% profitability
- Deliver Project Management services to ensure compliance with the project specification, terms and conditions and energy strategy to ensure the delivered solution meets and achieved the intended output.
- Become an expert in the delivery of Mitie’s Carbon Reduction Solutions, delivering these efficiently and effectively.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of operational processes leading to increased efficiency and professionalism
- Operate within the realms of the defined processes and identify when these need to be adapted to accommodate the scope of the project delivery
- Carryout site surveys and prepare technical proposals and costings ensuring compliance with the pricing strategy and approval through the sales team.
- Take a proactive approach to leading innovative design solutions.
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project management role.
- Can demonstrate Project management experience
- Strong BMS and Energy related knowledge to a level that allows verification of operation and witness testing
- A strong electrical and mechanical knowledge base
- A good understanding of metering and the benefits this brings to energy management
- An ability to prepare business cases and recognise the financial and commercial benefits to help clients justify projects.
- The ability to act on own initiative within budget constraints to bring about the required results using internal or external resources.
- Capable of carrying out site surveys and preparing proposals for BMS and metering projects
- A good understanding of CDM
Working with a market leader, you have the chance to enhance your existing skills, while developing new expertise and personally contributing to the company’s growth and success.
In return for your hard work Mitie will reward you with a competitive annual salary and a highly competitive benefits package.
- Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
- Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
- Mitie also offer a number of Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives, long service awards and an Employee Assistance Programme that is readily available.
Alongside these tangible benefits, Mitie also offers you the chance to develop a high-profile contract with exposure to senior stakeholders which will benefit your long-term progression within the leading organization in Facilities Management.