Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- To proactively partner managers at all levels in providing pragmatic and commercially focussed HR solutions on people issues that will meet business objectives.
- Development and implementation of People plan within the contract.
- To work closely with the Operational Management teams on delivery of BAU HR items including case management, recruitment and onboarding challenges, culture, and engagement.
- Support resource planning, recruitment, and onboarding activities.
- Involvement in projects across the wider C&C business and One HR function as required.
- To develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
- Responsible for developing and nurturing talent and develop succession plans.
- To be the first point of contact for stakeholders, including senior management, and the Home office liaison as required.
- Point of cascade of One HR and L&D activities including communication and implementation
- Manage and lead on management upskilling across all levels of management in conjunction with L&D
- Monitor and maintain key people data including absence and attrition levels in line with HR OGSP.
- Active participation at monthly Union Meetings as the main HR contact.
- Liaison with the Mitie L&D / HR /QHSE colleagues to lead on mental health, occupational health, and employee welfare matters /initiatives.
- Oversee the staffing report for updated headcount vs TOM reports
- HR Professional with experience in a commercially focussed environment.
- Ability to deal with high volume and fast paced Business and re-prioritise regularly.
- Preferably CIPD qualified.
- Computer literate; Microsoft suite, SAP, SharePoint.
- Resilient, with ability to influence key decision makers and challenge when necessary.
- Ability to drive the HR agenda with managers.
- Team player and confidence to build relationships with the business and wider HR function.
- Confident and articulate communicator.
- Strong commitment to customer service; able to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
- Ability to deliver information to managers that may be difficult and challenging.
- Demonstrate understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to make own decisions and see them through to conclusion.
- Sound knowledge of employment law and best practice.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to travel across the region as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Full UK driving licence essential.
- Experience of multi-site, multi-discipline organisations preferable.
- Ability to deliver HR training on a range of subjects to varying abilities.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- TUPE experience preferred but not essential.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.