Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Own and deliver
Maintain all energy processes/procedures in accordance with company/contract needs.
Carry out Desk Top Audits (DTA) to pre-select the most suitable sites to survey and target an improvement strategies (analysis)
Be capable of carrying out in-depth on-site Energy Surveys and produce supporting calculations, reports and proposals. Manage others to execute the process – for example unsupervised deep dives/site visits by others.
Develop and implement new cost saving or Energy opportunities (procedures/processes) where required.
Ensure that Energy communication, innovation and training become part of the delivery strategy in order to achieve and maintain/sustain savings and progress made.
Provide support and assistance to other in-house service teams and team members as necessary.
Perform energy management in-line with both the company and clients expectations.
Be responsible for delivering your own Energy performance target and contribute to the overall committed & contractual energy savings to be delivered by Mitie.
Be responsible for ensuring that the a highest levels of conduct are achieved at all times, delivery of savings, presentations, behaviours, report writing, achieving milestones and plans on time, accurate correct levels of detail. (Fit for purpose).
Provide guidance and support to identify new areas of opportunity for business growth and energy saving – new ECM’s.
Maintain a proactive interest in Energy and demonstrate this by being constantly aware of new products and techniques.
Table new concepts/ideas/strategies/principles to your peers and the Management team.
Proactively aim to reduce energy consumption within buildings by use of the most appropriate tool.
Constantly review energy usage and profiles by using analytical tools and techniques such as EVR and HH data.
Identify and implement energy recovery plans for sites which begin to fail to maintain their energy reduction performance based on fact - data and analysis.
Be knowledgeable of the contractual terms surrounding energy reduction and the requirements/principles allowed for energy reduction on specific contracts (T&C’s differ from contract to contract).
Be able to maintain records and evidence to comply with audit /accreditations associated with energy performance contracts.
Work collaboratively with others across all service teams to address issues and resolve client issues.
Share best practice, engage and support other energy team members become a strong team player.
Be competent in preparing detailed site specific solutions where the principles can be deployed across a larger estate. (Specifications/plans/timings, business cases, reports, project proposals etc.) For control and BMS equipment.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Professional outlook, behaviours, and appearance, be an excellent ambassador for the company and the team.
Computer literate.(Microsoft packages)
Team player processing a positive “can do attitude” (pro-active)
Ability to deliver and implement energy solutions by management and optimisation.
Background in M&E Building Services with electrical/energy bias.
Financially aware, numerate, and commercially minded.
Logical with the ability to influence by putting forward strong business cases.
Able to produce detailed energy budgets – covering consumption, cost and margin.
People management skills - be able to motivate/manage within cross-functional relationships
Competent to maintain the company and client H&S standards.
Customer focused and aware.(internal and external customers)
Show leadership skills and take responsibility/ownership for delivery against targets.
Ability to work within a team and act as team player working towards a common cause but taking individual ownership of a task or element of tasks.
Self-motivated, strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and effectively
Preferably degree qualified or equivalent or working towards this goal, holding a relevant technical qualification in either Engineering/Building Services/Energy management
Competency demonstrated by a formal technical qualification combined with good education standards/industry experience and knowledge.
Demonstrable experience of leading, developing and motivating a team of energy & environmental professionals
Good financial knowledge, including experience of effectively managing costs
Demonstrates the ability to compile Business cases associated with Energy optimisation projects highlighting cost benefits and ROI
Health and safety focused, with demonstrable experience of contributing to improved Safety performance within individual span of control
Good working knowledge of compliance and quality legislation relating to Building engineering and management
Strong customer management expertise, with demonstrable experience of building relationships with key internal and external customers and stakeholders
Experience of delivering works to time and to budget
Good project management experience
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly to motivate/influence others by relaying a compelling argument to save Carbon and energy.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.