Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
As Communications Coordinator, you'll support the Business Services Managing Director and Marketing team to draft and deliver communications which ensure our people feel informed, connected and empowered.
You'll bring fresh thinking on approach and channel utilisation, ensuring that we utilise our existing channels in the most effective and impactful way across our hard-to-reach audiences.
You will report to the Marketing and Bids Director and work closely with colleagues across the organisation. You will play an important role in implementing the Business Services Internal and External Communications plan, helping to ensure it supports the delivery of the strategic objectives.
You will have a range of responsibilities across the communications mix including digital communications, internal communications, customer and client facing communications and stakeholder engagement.
· Work with the Business Services Managing Director to support delivery of the BS Internal and External Communications strategy.
·Take an active role in developing, coordinating and monitoring the digital communications to engage with key stakeholder groups, including SharePoint content, producing newsletters, and project updates.
· Coordinate and create content for internal communications channels including the intranet, colleague newsletter and a range of events to inform and engage colleagues across the organisation.
· Co-ordinate the internal and external plans and ensure that they support delivery of the strategic objectives (plan meetings/logistics).
· Produce high quality, accessible communications material across multiple channels to reach different audiences, and edit content that has been produced by other colleagues.
· Ensure that all communications adhere to the corporate identity and style guide and advise colleagues on appropriate use.
· Work with the Marketing team to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communications activities on a regular basis.
The Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
· Broad knowledge and understanding of communications activities.
· Passion to develop new, engaging campaigns alongside the Marketing team, in order to increase employee engagement and external market presence.
· Confident using web content management systems, newsletter software and social media management tools.
· Good understanding of social media channels and interest in developing multimedia content
· Experience of internal communications and colleague engagement
· Understanding of stakeholder engagement planning and engagement
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external agencies
· Ability to handle competing priorities and plan work effectively to meet tight deadlines
· Ideally experience of using SharePoint and creative software packages including Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier video editing)
· Expert in Microsoft in particular PowerPoint
· The ability to develop and implement internal communication plans to support organisational priorities
· The ability to 'hit the ground running' with a number of projects
· A good working knowledge of digital and social media and intranet publishing.
· High IT literacy including experience of using word processing packages and databases
· Good communication & engagement skills (listening and verbal)
o Good time management skills
o Enthusiastic & positive
o Works well under pressure
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme in place to support personnel development
Note: This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.