At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Want to know more?
The Protection business within Insurance & Wealth is undertaking an ambitious refresh of our digital proposition to customers. At the heart of this, we're creating a brand new technology platform which is fundamentally rooted in cloud native architectural principles, with DevOps & automation at its core.
The Protection Lab is a co-located change and run team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. The Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products to transform the way our customers engage with us.
About the role:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer within the Protection Lab you'll have the opportunity to work on large scale engineering change and to be part of a team driving the DevOps agenda within the bank.
We understand that DevOps is a very broad set of disciplines and no one person can be an expert in all aspects. If you have the right technical background, a willingness to be part of an ambitious team and are willing to develop yourself then we're keen to hear from you!
Here's where you'll make a difference
- Working within the Lab DevOps team, you'll be part of the Lab Engineering Squad. DevOps engineers focus on improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security.
- You'll work closely with the Lab Quality Engineering team to develop our automated testing framework.
- You'll maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures;
- You'll contribute to the wider DevOps agenda within the bank, working closely with the DevOps Centre of Excellence. In this way you'll be able to contribute your knowledge and learn from a growing group of DevOps engineers within the bank.
What we need from you:
- Broad awareness of the DevOps landscape
- Good technical knowledge of one or more specific areas of DevOps tooling, such as:
- CI / CD
- DevOps tools (like Sonar, Nexus, GIT, Jenkins)
- Containerisation & orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes etc..)
- Public and Private cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, ICP)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Source control platforms (TFS, VSTS, Git/GitLab/GHE, Bitbucket, Gerrit etc..)
- Test automation tools
- Strong core OS level skills (e.g. UNIX/LINUX/Windows/zOS) with supporting industry standard scripting skills
- Good Knowledge of network protocols & security
- Experience configuring and working with ISTIO Service Mesh would be highly beneficial, as would Oracle middleware (Weblogic) and DB administration. However, neither are essential
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today; we'd love to hear from you...