Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Promote & sell MEP services to Main Contractors
- Working to a set annual target first and foremost
- Working to achieve agreed KPI’s on a monthly basis
- Engaging and developing relationships with Tier 1 main contractors and Consultant practices regionally
- Creating and delivering presentations
- Tracking and following identified projects
- Developing Local and National Key Accounts
- Network events regionally & nationally when required – inside & outside of working hours
- Working towards an agreed Personal & Professional Development plan utilising the Mitie Learning Hub
- Developing & maintaining relationships with all operational Mitie teams to help identify and create new opportunities
- Attendance to team meetings
- Completion of all mandatory reporting
- Salesforce compliance
- Any other requested sales ad-hoc duties
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn and manage bespoke software packages
- Ability to liaise closely over the phone with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload as required
- A good understanding of the company and its activities
- Financial awareness
- Must have a flexible approach to working - occasionally there will be additional work loads during busy periods
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise workload
- Relationship building skills – in particular to be willing to take the initiative when necessary and excellent ability to work well within a team structure, and support and guide team members as required
- Ability to work on own initiative to a high level of accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Customer Care - capable of delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Ability to generate, develop and present ideas and suggestions for improvements in order to achieve more effective working practises
- Well presented, professional appearance and attitude with a positive and professional approach
- Excellent time keeping skills and strong planning and organisational ability
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.