Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- Fully accountable for the revenue growth and retention of the private sector strategic accounts (SAMs), working closely with the operational account teams to realise the full potential of available spend with mitie.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop strong solutions that address the needs of Mitie clients, delivering the growth targets whilst contributing to the wider commercial strategy
- Demonstrate leadership and full accountability for the UK bid processes
- To work with the Business Unit Managing Director and their team to improve contract retention and organic growth
- To develop, plan and implement Account Plans for the SAM clients
- To co-ordinate and manage the business development function in accord with the clients’ objectives
- To be involved from mobilisation to BAU in all those accounts where growth potential is identified
- To develop appropriate client and consultant relationships
- To develop and implement a programme of activity to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders and potential customers, improving awareness of Mitie FM capabilities
- To maximise opportunities in existing business and to lead the business development process and negotiations with the customer/client in order to win and retain profitable contracts
- To source, lead and manage UK and global existing business development opportunities for integrated facilities management
- To build a visible pipeline of existing clients
- To achieve an agreed financial targets
- To develop a business retention strategy for the SAM Commercial Sector
- Develop and manage client relationship including consultants and advisors
- General management and co-ordination of all retention related activity
- To run all bids for existing SAM clients, working collaboratively with the account operational team
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships across your accounts, mapping wider stakeholder engagement to cement our position as preferred service partner
- Maintain and update pipelines through Salesforce
- Analyse client requirements and drivers, competitor strengths and weaknesses to target effectively. Develop, agree and sign off the NOSE (Needs, Outcome, Solution & Evidence) as an integral part of each proposal
- Take overall responsibility for the proposal commercial, solution strategy and prioritisation
- Prepare and submit winning commercial solutions, bid proposals and presentations
- Complete, submit and update when necessary Salesforce and bid governance documentation
- Provide signed contracts or letters of intent
- To create innovative solutions with a robust value proposition
- Generate holistic solutions that are a compelling proposition to the client by addressing their business and consumer needs and differentiating Mitie from their competitors while being balanced with commercial requirements
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Mitie products, services and propositions as well as those available in the wider market
- Track market developments relevant to target client group for new and emerging solutions
- Design complex win strategies together with bid teams for bids and sales projects, to achieve the sales strategy for target and existing clients
- Achievement of the set objectives and financial targets
- Define proposal deliverables to develop, agree and sign off the Value Propositions (VP) as an integral part of each bid
- To identify market trends and innovation that may inform and aide for solutions
- Conduct de-briefs where we have failed to retain business and keep a lessons learned log
- Proven experience of working successfully in a facilities management environment, in hard and soft services
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand commercial negotiations
- A commercial thinker with the ability to understand and guide commercial negotiations
- Strong written capability within bid production and client facing proposals
- In depth experience of devising IFM solutions for a variety of organisation types
- Good interpersonal skills, influence and impact, working with others
- Management role in similar industry setting
- A strong quality orientation and commitment to continuous improvement
- An influential and persuasive communicator, with a high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- A clear and strategic thinker, able to offer new and innovative solutions
- A Degree or similar qualification would be an advantage however this is not essential.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right