Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Within the role you will responsible for providing technical support to the following groups:
- Mitie Energy
- Mitie Controls Team
- Mitie Technical Services engineers
Working hand in hand in to maintain high standards of technical delivery of BMS works within the Connected Workspace division.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Support the Operations manager with the day to day
- Provide technical assistance to team members
- Deliver targeted training programs
- Identify improvement opportunities and report to Operations Manager
- Support workload planning
- Work alongside Snr. Optimisation engineer
- Work alongside other Engineering Operational teams to deliver exceptional service to our customers
- Deliver an exceptional level of commitment and professionalism in providing site solutions which are to include Controls Project Commissioning advice, Baseline Strategy Audits, and post project support through the Service Operations Centre
- Share support activities across Projects, Energy, Technical Solutions, and Controls Teams. Supporting BAU in the Service Operations Centre
- Support technical queries for BMS and Controls and support escalations from Energy Managers and clients
- Working in conjunction with and to support the Operations and Regional Managers across the business
- Provide resource support where required – either through client requests, engineering team requests, SOC, projects request or internal management requests
- Responsibility for ensuring best practice is undertaken when conducting technical reviews, reactive fault resolution, and delivery of BMS works optimisations
- Specify equipment for BMS installation in relation to contract requirements and maintain the standards for accreditations associated with this work
- Support for Energy Audits regarding site surveys, scoping and where necessary assisting with the design, programming and commissioning of BMS project works of any size
- Work with the Mitie approved supply chain and sub-contractors creating a partnership to ensure a high level of service delivery and management to minimise risk both operationally and financially
- Develop and maintain our relationship with Engineering Services, MITIE Operations team and end-users
- Ensure delivery is to a high standard in line with both the company and contracted agreements
- Take an active role in the training and development of team members
- Communication, innovation, coaching, mentoring and training are all key to the strategy and therefore form an essential part of the role and must be harnessed to achieve budget targets and growth within the business
- Provide detailed analysis of inherited Controls philosophies.
- Providing support to team members and clients with queries at all levels
- Completing maintenance activities remotely
- Configuring BMS systems to operate efficiently
- Deliver targeted training programs
- Respond to all queries both internally and externally.
- Support workload planning
- Support operations manager
- Fully certified and experienced BMS Engineer ideally in one of the Top 4 BMS vendor systems, Trend Expert, RDM Specialist, Schneider Expert and Tridium Expert will be advantageous.
- Able to design, scope and write strategy software for BMS Systems.
- Knowledge of multiple BMS systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Have good working knowledge of building services, HVAC and the associated control strategies
- A good understanding of current energy conservation measures would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical and control strategy fault finding skills are essential.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and how remote systems interconnect.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems.
- Possess an understanding of building analytics propositions.
- Have an appreciation of big-data collation techniques from multiple sources.
- Be a strong communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at various levels in all forms (written, verbal, presentations etc)
- Demonstrate a good customer focus approach, even under pressure
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach, displaying a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office - Excel/SharePoint/Teams)
- Competent to maintain the company and client H&S standards with a basic knowledge of statutory and health & safety requirements.
- Be organised, logical and achieve agreed delivery deadlines.
- Be proactive in planning ahead, able to prepare business cases for improvements to working processes and procedures.
- Always puts the customer first
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.