Spark! is looking for up to three Trustees to join its Board. We are seeking applications from individuals who represent a range of backgrounds, and especially those with an interest in the state education sector, employability, and careers.
Having recently undergone a Trustee skills audit we are particularly interested to receive applications from those who have experience in income generation, policy, marketing and communications, or digital, but do not let these specialisms put you off applying!
We are also keen for our Board to reflect the communities we serve, and very much welcome applications from those with relevant lived experience, and candidates from black and minority ethnic communities. We are also keen to appoint a second Young Trustee, and welcome applications from under 25s.
Role - Trustee
Salary - Unremunerated (reasonable travel expenses paid)
Location - Currently Board meetings are held virtually, or in our West London office.
Time commitment - Minimum commitment of four Board meetings per year, plus strategy days, but we are keen to attract new Trustees who are able to give more time outside of Board meeting.
Term - Three years in the first instance, with the possibility of further terms
- A commitment to realising Spark!’s mission
- Experience of operating at Board or Committee level, either executive or non-executive
- Experience of effective, fair and impartial decision-making
- Experience of strategic development and implementation
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the duties of effective trusteeship
- Some knowledge and understanding of state schools and colleges
- Experience of the charity sector
- Experience of the education sector
- Experience of income generation, policy, marketing and communication, or digital
- To ensure Spark! complies with its governing document, charitable objectives, and all other relevant legislation and regulations
- To ensure Spark! delivers its public benefit, as defined in its governing document
- To ensure Spark! remains financially stable, and manages its assets effectively in pursuance of its objectives
- To be familiar with Spark!’s policies, ensuring they are implemented and regularly reviewed
- To safeguard and promote Spark!’s reputation, brand and values
- To attend and fully participate in Board meetings and away days
- To fulfil all legal requirements of the role of charitable trustee
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter, of no more than 2 sides of A4, explaining your motivation for applying and how you fulfil the role specification. Send it to email@example.com.
9am, Monday 17th May 2021.
Information sessions and an opportunity to meet with Spark! staff will be held for shortlisted candidates between the 24th and 27th May 2021. Interviews will take place on the week of the 31st May 2021.
Our CEO, Matt Lent, would be happy to respond to any questions you might have about Spark! Please contact him by email in the first instance, firstname.lastname@example.org.