Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Location: Currently working from home (post-COVID-19 everyone will have access to a company office and co-working space. We ask you to come to the office as you wish but we plan to all come together in person for 2 days per month).
BAME Recruitment is a Diversity and Inclusion Consultancy firm passionate about delivering inclusive recruitment and consultancy processes for recruiting diverse candidates and growing talent within organisations. We pride ourselves in taking an unusual approach to attracting senior diverse candidates and look at the most effective ways to attract, recruit and retain senior talent.
Diversifying.io is our purpose-led diversity career platform which allows organisations that are serious about becoming more inclusive and diverse to reach and engage with all under-represented communities including BAME, LGBTQ+, gender networks and people living with disabilities.
This is an exciting time for us as we continue the growth stage of the organisation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about equality and social change and understands the value in employing a diverse workforce. We believe that every candidate should be assessed on their merits, skills and abilities, and once hired they are working for a supportive and inclusive organisation.
We are seeking an Events & Marketing Consultant to join our friendly and effective team, where you will primarily play a pivotal role in organising Events as well as contributing to the success of our wider team activities.
BAME Recruitment + Diversifying.io is always looking for amazing people that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a job description.
Events & Marketing Consultant Role
What you will do:
- Ensure the effective end-to-end delivery of a programme of events (with limited supervision)
- Assist the Head of Marketing and Events and wider teams.
- Lead the organisation and coordination of online and physical events including panel discussions, podcasts, interviews, keynote speaker engagements and conferences.
- Assist in the planning, production and delivery of event marketing and communications activities including social media, website, promotions, and collateral materials.
- Utilise paid promotion where necessary and identify new opportunities for promotion.
- Identify appropriate delegates based on skill sets, create tailored delegate lists, and expand our delegate database.
- Set up on-line event registration including building relevant event pages/registration via virtual platforms (currently Zoom, Crowdcast, Teams).
- Assist with external speaker recruitment, liaison, and speaker presentations.
- Create inhouse presentation collateral.
- Arrange all aspects of online event support including ‘on the day’ and ‘dry run’ event management support if appropriate.
- Prepare Delegate questionnaires/polls and manage completion post-event.
- Provide effective post-event analysis and reporting for clients.
- Assist in the development of online alternatives to physical events.
- Identify and secure appropriate venue, catering, and hospitality bookings (in-person events).
- Ensure appropriate content design, agenda planning and preparation of delegate information packs.
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships.
- Flexibility to offer administrative support to members of the team when required.
We would love to hear from you if:
- Proven capability to plan and run events of up to 150 delegates
- You love being organised, organising others, and making events appear to run effortlessly
- An interest in digital communication and marketing
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to run multiple events concurrently.
- Well-organised with a customer-oriented approach.
- Capability to effectively use online events platforms.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Fantastic written English skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- A commitment to driving social change.
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus a yearly team bonus based on the company’s performance. You will have 21 days annual leave in addition to public holidays. We also offer plenty of virtual team interaction, quiz games and laughter.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this role.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd May, 23:59.