Do you have experience in cross-portfolio credit risk insight? Have you got knowledge of IRB and IFRS9 regulations? Are you able to identify trends in data? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Portfolio Insight Lead Analyst, you will work with SAS, excel and various other tools to analyse data and develop, maintain, and run the monthly production of credit risk portfolio reports. You will perform technical analysis and commentary, to support external reporting including the annual report and accounts.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Running monthly cross-portfolio credit risk reports for both internal and external audiences
• Liaising with the Data and Reporting team to develop accurate and insightful metrics
• Analysing model outputs to understand and explain the drivers of changes and the associated impacts to key stakeholders
• Producing analysis and reports to support the credit risk appetite framework and limits
• Running credit risk impairment and IRB RWA forecasting stress testing processes
• Producing analysis of the Bank’s credit risk profile with focus on RWAs to support the strategic management of credit risk
• Acting as a subject matter expert to support colleagues within the broader Credit Risk team and stakeholders across the Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have knowledge of IRB and IFRS9 regulatory requirements
• It is essential you have an understanding of different types of statistical models that can be used to forecast IRB RWA’s and ECL’s
• You need to have an understanding of the different lending products across consumer and SME/corporate portfolios
• It is essential that you are proficient in statistical programming using SAS
• You must have experience analysing trends in a portfolio and finding causes of those trends
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!