Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
· Provide sales and tender support ensuring accurate costing of all sales opportunities through proactive portfolio management.
· To recruit, motivate and train all helpdesk operatives ensuring correct manning and optimal resource profiles.
· To ensure accuracy of administrative functions and exercise the required controls of process and policy.
· To maximise working capital through effective customer debt management and negotiation of preferable payment terms.
· To own and manage a Mobile Services business plan and deliver to agreed expansion targets in their area.
· To actively engage with the Sales team to drive growth and ensure operational capability of new sales opportunities.
· To ensure excellent customer service is delivered to national accounts – to undertake regular contract/customer reviews with key customers.
· To maximise working capital through effective customer debt management
· To manage customer expectation and escalation on a day to day basis, through the Property Solutions Helpdesks
· Ensure that the sector Rythmn and Routine process is rigorously followed as directed by the Director, Mobile Services, actively engaging in the development of new activity that promotes operational excellence, cost control, revenue recognition, positive working capital, service delivery, health and safety and colleague wellness.
· Develop area based business plan for review on quarterly basis.
· Actively support and promote the sector sales and marketing strategy through existing clients, wider Mitie clients and new business opportunites.
· Build, maintain and manage positive relationships with key customers including addressing concerns and complaints in a timely manner, plus driving and managing service improvement plans. Measurable by customer satisfaction, terminations reporting.
· Support annual price review activities to ensure that organic account growth is achieved
· Support finance team in liaising with customers on debt collection issues as/when required
· Ensure that the central support team have all information required to capture all revenues and costs within required timescales.
· Manage the payment of suppliers, in line with the Company Purchase Order process and sector based reconciliation and verification routines, ensuring that payments are accurate and associated revenue collected within required timescales.
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Maintain productive, cordial and collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and employees where required
- Ensure that a positive image and attitude is portrayed of Mobile Services at all times.
· Provision of Management data and reports as required for the customer and Mitie Management.
· Will be expected to understand and ensure that the data required in respect of the set KPI’s from the customer is managed and delivered
· Act on call during periods as duty manager escalation, attending client sites “out of hours” for site visits or in response to emergency situations.
- Attend site survey meetings when required and ensure that all relevant information is obtained
- Complete and manage the customer AIs process, supported by the Property Solutions Helpdesk
- Recruit and retain correct establishment levels to ensure service capabilities – Helpdesk
· Provide support and direction for the Property Solutions Helpdesk through process development, effective engagement and feedback.
- Ensure all Detect personnel perform to highest standards of quality and customer service and in accordance with company policy. Manage, support or discipline poor performers promptly, supported by the Senior Engineer.
- Ensure all Detect personnel receive relevant training for their role in accordance with Company policy, including induction, supported by the Senior Engineer
- Conduct and monitor staff appraisals for direct reports. Set clear objectives, support and develop all direct reports and ensure appropriate succession plans are in place, supported by the Senior Engineer.
· Provision of Management data and reports as required for the customer and Mitie management.
· Work collaboratively with other Mitie personnel within TSM, MFM or group.
· To work additional required hours to meet the business needs
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· Demonstrable experience of profit and loss management, operational delivery of financial process, maximisation of working capital, cost modelling and cost control.
· Demonstrable experience of customer relationship management at a senior (Director, Department Head, Account Director) level that has delivered growth and retention, escalation and critical issue resolution.
· Demonstrable experience of senior management (the management of managers) that has driven service delivery and financial returns
· Demonstrable knowledge of the security industry with a minimum 5 years security industry experience. Knowledge of Mobile Services is desirable, however a strong operational background and understanding of this sector will also be considered
· Full driving licence (max 3 points)
· Front line SIA licence
· Professional appearance and presentation
· Methodical and well organised
· Resilient and tenacious
· “Can do” approach
· Flexible and adaptable
· Good communicator – verbal and written
· Computer literate
· Commercially and financially aware
· Good inter-personal skills
· Ability to communicate at multi levels
· Proven experience in problem solving and issue resolution
Whilst the above is a criteria that is felt to be essential, an appropriate candidate that excels in other areas will still be considered.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.