Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to all detailed Mitie systems, policies and procedures to undertake the scope of the role
- Own and deliver the fullest remit of the role
- Follow and maintain Mitie Quality Management Systems, including development, maintenance and implementation of continuous improvement procedures
- Manage sub-contractor and third-party suppliers to meet the requirements of the account, scope of role and systems, policies and procedures in place within specific working environment
- Monitor and analysis trends in post/couriers and print output
- Monitor suppliers output and service monthly
- Compile data and information for the business strategic reviews and present to the client annually with the Head of operations (South)
Health and Safety:
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are developed, maintained and implemented as required to meet the scope of the service operation
- Maintain responsibility for all Health and Safety Planning, including Risk Assessments, COSHH, PPE and Health and Safety Plans
- Complete Accident/Incident Reports according to the appropriate Quality Manual Procedures
- To monitor the working environment for all Mitie teams and be actively involved in Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental matters.
- Undertake financial responsibility for the areas of service, including, producing, maintaining and managing budgets
- Financial performance management
- Undertake pro-active budget management to ensure budgets are managed in accordance to requirements of contact, service delivery and customer and client requirements
- Managing and understanding and contributing to the monthly process of revenue and spend analysis
- Manage the service delivery to ensure outstanding service to the client and customers
- Ensure contractual Service Level Agreements are managed, developed and implemented to meet the needs of the contract.
- Undertake programmed inspections and audits on service delivery and close off all non-compliance
- Full awareness of current workload and status of current and future projects
- Be a customer service champion, taking a pro-active approach to customer service management and promote excellent service standards
- Utilising relevant tools undertake regular benchmarking exercises against customer service to ensure a service lead approach to delivery
- Attend face to face meetings with any customer issues or queries to maintain a high level of positive customer feedback
- Manage customer service reward scheme
- Build a strong relationship with key clients, based upon openness and mutual trust
- Attend regular service meetings to ensure service delivery satisfaction and development of future services
- Identify any cost saving opportunities and service delivery innovations
- Produce the monthly management report presenting volumes, spend and SLA's
- Undertake regular reporting on all aspects of role to meet requirements of all internal and external stakeholders
- Report on all service delivery positives in a global manner to ensure ‘positive press’
- Report on all service delivery breakdowns and missed service level agreements to ensure pro-active management of negative messages can be undertaken
- Manage and motivate teams to ensure that Mitie delivers all contractual requirements.
- Ensure appropriate holiday and sickness operational cover is in place
- Maintain a minimum staff turnover rate to meet continuing service standards
- When needed, undertake pro-active recruitment of qualified staff to meet the requirements of contract performance and service delivery
- Ensure all staff observe rules and standards and deliver services to the required standard
- Follow Mitie systems and procedures to manage all staff performance and noncompliance
- Undertake regular appraisal and development meetings with staff.
- Prepare training plans to develop people and services.
- Encourage staff to undertake a pro-active approach to their own development.
- Ensure staff training is carried out to the highest level.
- Seek and deliver continuous service improvement to the benefit of the contract.
- Develop growth opportunities across the services
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are renewed at the end of the contractual term
Out of Hours Support:
- Provide out of hours support to ensure compliance of account
- Co-ordinate and manage works and project in accordance with the contract
- Strategic thinker
- Enthusiastic personality with great people skills
- Dedicated and organised
- Flexible approach
- Appropriate personal appearance
- Adaptable to multiple personalities
- Focussed on the services, clients and finances and projects
- Relevant Health & Safety training and accreditations
- Proficiently experienced in people management activities and the processes around this
- Excellent proven communication and team working skills and to drive a team’s improvement
- Demonstrate leadership and act as an exemplar
- A professional and organised individual who is also able to identify and manage the commercial and financial element of the business
- A Proactive thinker who is always looking to improve the service, add innovation to the account and work toward contract growth
- Highly PC Literate and able to collate Management Information into a presentable format and present it to local stakeholders
- The ability to communicate with different stakeholders
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.