Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Care & Custody is one of the leading providers of outsourced public services in the UK. We’re looking for respectful, diligent and caring people to join our team of colleagues within our Mitie Care business.
Contract and Partnership Manager
Salary : £40,000 - £47,000 per annum plus £4,000 car allowance
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the contracts within the Region on a day-to-day basis in line with Company policies and values, ensuring that the services provided by the Company to the customers are contractually compliant, delivering Best Value and are operationally effective.
- To utilise, both effectively and efficiently, all resources allocated to the contract, ensuring the operation is managed within budget.
- To establish and maintain close liaison with staff at all levels and relevant Mitie and customer representatives.
- To ensure that processes are in place to deliver the national and local clinical governance agenda.
- Service delivery: To manage the delivery of the current services in the Region following the appropriate Codes of Practice, relevant legislation and the locally agreed protocols
- Leadership: Working closely with the clinical service delivery teams, provide operational leadership for the service and lead on customer relationships
- Staff: Manage resource levels to ensure sufficient staff are available to meet operational requirements at all times. Ensure Company policies and procedures are applied throughout the contract area. Liaise with the HR Department on any issues relating to staff employment, retention and discipline
- Manage the requirement of the Working Time Directive regulations
- Clinical Governance: Working closely with the Clinical Lead and Senior HCPs ensure that processes comply with national clinical governance standards and expectations
- Liaison: Develop positive working relationships with Customer stakeholders and other organisations which can contribute to the excellence of the service
- Information: Manage the recording of Data and monitor the quality of service delivery, maintaining appropriate confidentiality, and that all team members adhere to high standards of accurate and timely recording of activity.
- Produce timely Management Information reports for both Internal and Customer requirements. Ensure reports are submitted using existing Mitie forms and, where these are not available, develop standard forms in consultation with all relevant agents and other Mitie areas
- Performance Monitoring: Ensure the prompt and thorough investigation of Service Delivery Failures, complaints and allegations of poor service. Compile and submit reports to the Director
- Evaluation: Initiate the collection of data for service audits and propose other mechanisms for achieving continuous service improvement
- Finance: Monitor and manage all areas of budgeted expenditure and revenue to ensure the services are delivered in the most cost-effective way possible and are within budget limits agreed at the beginning of each financial year. Evaluate your budget performance on a monthly basis and deliver corrective actions to ensure agreed profit plans are met. Monitor closely performance against agreed KPIs and report thereon
- Data: Carry out analysis of the invoicing data and effect changes as necessary to ensure the invoice presented to the customer accurately reflects the service provided
- Development: Seek out opportunities for enhancing and extending the role of Mitie in the provision of medical services
- Health and Safety: Promote the health and safety of staff in accordance with the H&S policy; manage the risk assessment and reporting process and take action to remedy any observed problems or working practice in a way which minimises risk. Ensure accidents are reported promptly and investigated in accordance with company procedures
- Investigations: Carry out investigations of incidents within the contract and work with the clinical team to resolve and ensure issues are raised in accordance with Company Policies
- Rota: Ensure the contract is fully staffed the rota is effectively managed to ensure contractual compliance, and to enable holiday and training provision
- Recruitment: Ensure staffing levels are maintained in a cost effective manner using both local knowledge and working closely with the Care & Custody recruitment team.
- Control resources to achieve a quality service whilst keeping within budget
- Ensure that all relevant contracts are delivered within budgeted gross margin and net profit levels
- Actively manage overtime levels
- Manage the purchase of materials within budget
- Recruit, lead and develop team
- Ensure all employees/team where appropriate Mitie uniform and PPE
- Recruit, induct, train and oversee operational resource within budget
- Ensure your teams are competent to carry out tasks.
- Conduct appraisals, identify training and ensure the development of team members
- Ensure employees follow company rules
- Motivate and lead teams
- Discipline employees where appropriate, following Company procedure
- Previous management level experience – including management of staff
- Evidence of financial and numerical competence to run Profit & Loss Accounts for your areas of responsibility (Budgets)
- An ability to analyse and problem solve at strategic level
- Previous experience of audit and quality assurance processes
- The ability to communicate effectively in both, verbal and written context, at all levels of the organisational structure
- Previous experience of H&S management.
- A flexible and professional approach to work
- Previous experience of customer/stakeholder management
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.