Fiserv is a leading provider of payment solutions for financial institutions and merchants around the world. With over 42 Billion merchant transactions annually and nearly 750 Million credit/debit cards on file, Fiserv powers the payments value chain in over 80 countries across the globe. We are proud of our extensive customer relationships supporting over 7,000 financial institutions and the largest merchant distribution network in the industry with over 1,200 partners servicing merchants large and small. As the worldwide leader in electronic payment services, Fiserv is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Financial Crime Officer to join our team in Basildon Essex.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for Financial Crime Compliance primarily in the UK with assistance to the EMEA region.
Fiserv operates a three lines of defence model, widely adopted in the financial industry. The position is within the second line of defence and is responsible for the execution of Fiserv’s Financial Crime Framework primarily in the UK and more broadly across the EMEA region.
The Financial Crime Officer will be responsible for assisting the EMEA Director of Financial Crime, engaging directly with the business, senior leadership within Fiserv and regulatory authorities.
The role will assess, implement and perform Financial Crime risk management activities that support Fiserv’s ability to create value for investors, serve the needs of our clients and owner-associates, and meet regulatory obligations and standards. The role will also maintain comprehensive governance and working partnerships with business colleagues and clients to fulfil oversight and Financial Crime risk management responsibilities.
- Reporting to the EMEA Director of Financial Crime, the role will be hands-on, highly-engaged and involved in virtually all aspects of Financial Crime risk management within the UK and more broadly in the EMEA region.
- Continuously assess and deploy Fiserv’s Financial Crime Risk Management framework across all parts of the business
- Maintain a strong working partnership with all business stakeholders as a Financial Crime subject matter expert; and point of escalation for Financial Crime matters.
- Improve the organisation’s understanding and oversight of Financial Crime risks to support a risk-aware culture and drive risk ownership with business and process owners
- Identify known or emerging risks and assess control effectiveness to determine appropriate prevention and remediation actions relating to operational or regulatory compliance issues
- Develop, continuously improve and execute the Financial Crime Monitoring Programme
- Develop and deliver tailored training and continuously assess training needs
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the Customer Due Diligence and processes are in line with regulatory expectation and adequately tested
- Demonstrate commitment to Fiserv’s code of conduct and values:
- Earn client trust every day
- Create with Purpose
- Inspire and achieve excellence
- Do the right thing
- Deliver on the promise of one Fiserv
- 4+ years’ experience / exposure Financial Crime Compliance within financial services
- Financial Crime certification / qualification preferable
- Experience of payments, merchant acquiring, card issuing services, and new payment methods preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the UK Financial Crime regulatory framework
- Thorough understanding of customer due diligence regulations, best practice and expectations
- Ability to adjust quickly to new demands, assimilate a vast array of information and shape priorities.
- Ability to collaborate in a team based environment across functional disciplines and lines of business.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and able to organize self and work.
- A sense of urgency, assertiveness, and directness.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English at all levels both orally and in writing.
Primary Location: UK. Occasional travel maybe required within EMEA.
Job Field: Compliance
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
- We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
- We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
- Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
- You are looking for opportunities for growth and development throughout your career. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team of professionals. At Fiserv you will find an environment where leadership, innovation and collaboration are valued.