Mitie was founded in 1987, and is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
The AI Solutions Lead will be accountable for establishing and embedding a highly effective AI capability within Mitie and underpin Mitie’s strategic objective to become a technology led facilities management company. Creating and leading a team you will devise and implement a model for rapid delivery of technical solutions including chatbots and other AI and Cognitive services like voice enabled conversations, machine learning capabilities, implemented using both open souce and traditional licenced technologies. In the technical role, the successful candidate must have extensive proven experience implementing AI solutions on Cloud platforms and effective in both new and more established technologies along with the fundamental managerial skills.
Main Duties - Technical
· Design the future strategy of how all AI (and ML) capabilities will be used in Mitie
· Hands-on with complex AI solutions and Proof of Concepts
· Lead the development team to deliver quality solutions in technologies like NodeJS, Angular v2.0+, ReactJS; Azure Cloud, Cosmos DB; AI platforms like IBM Watson, MS Luis, AWS etc
· Assess existing and new tooling capability, identifying gaps and fixing them with cost-effective and strategic solutions
· Discovering, capturing and reporting back patterns and learnings from the field about challenges and opportunities as they relate to AI/ML. Continuously assessing the AI/ML market landscape
· Delivering solutions in various AI technologies like Deep learning platforms, Natural language processing and Text analytics, Speech recognition, Image/ Video analysis etc
· Building the AI solutions using Azure Cloud platform: Developing for Azure storage, Determine workload requirements, Design for identity and security etc
· Generate new ideas for delivering value from new technology solutions using all the data/ AI capabilities available
· Design complex solutions that effectively work end-end across system components and various applications
· Provide assurance over the development and occasionally carry out complex design/ development tasks, as required
· Complete any ad-hoc duties as requested
· Manage our development lifecycle processes
Main Duties - Team
· Manage and develop a small team and be responsible for their performance by regular 1-1s, performance management with necessary support and personal development
· Work in collaboration with the partners, supporting yet challenging them for quality and timely deliveries
· Lead by example – not just for the own team, but teams across Mitie and partners
· Strong leadership: Uses appropriate methods, skills and styles to motivate and empower staff possessing a range of professional expertise to contribute effectively and efficiently
· Drive for results: Able to focus on the desired outcomes for both individuals and the team, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them. Shows a keen passion for improving the business with a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- Degree in IT
- Extensive hands-on experience in Cloud platform technologies, mainly Microsoft Azure with knowledge of core cloud computing concepts including compute, storage, networking, databases, identity and security and higher order capabilities including serverless and IoT
- Hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms, model development, common frameworks, workflow tools, and/ or applied AI namely, Deep learning platforms, Natural language processing and Text analytics, Speech recognition, Image/ Video analysis etc
- Experience working as part of or alongside an enterprise architecture function, providing subject matter expertise in the AI/ ML domain
- Been involved in creation of AI/ ML solutions like Chatbots etc from inception to delivery
- Hands-on experience on platforms like IBM Watson, AWS, Microsoft Luis, Google Cloud among others
- Extensive experience delivering AI/ ML solutions at enterprise level
- Extensive experience delivering enterprise-level projects
- Extensive experience in enterprise-level IT operations and support
- Extensive Delivery management & Release management experience
- Extensive supervisory or management experience.
- Proven ability to execute as an individual contributor in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and limited resources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong business acumen; ability to understand how and why business users make decisions and how data can enable them
- Excellent leadership skills including, team motivation, coaching, regular feedback and development
- Track record of successfully initiating and driving change, managing competing priorities and delivering results in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Success working in a team based environment with good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Demonstrable efficient delivery skills
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable pragmatic and effective Project Management skills
- Certifications and courses in any of the below would be desirable:
o Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Solution Architect Expert
o IBM Watson: Data and AI Learning Catalog
o IBM Watson Assistant Development & Core Functionality
o AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty
o Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer
o MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.