International remit, based in the UK or in a country where WaterAid has a presence
UK salary £55,000 – 60,000 with excellent benefits
Salary and benefits for other countries will vary in line with that WaterAid country’s salary scale
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit organisation, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation.
These three essentials transform people’s lives. Without all three, people can’t live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. Children can grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
The world has never needed WaterAid more. Access to drinking water, a decent toilet and soap and water to wash your hands has never been more important, to combat the twin threats of the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change.
We have responded to the pandemic effectively and quickly across the countries where we work. We have prioritised the wellbeing of our people and remain financially strong after the first year. Although globally the pandemic is far from over, WaterAid is positioned well to continue to respond.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Leadership and Engagement, you will lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of our global Diversity and Inclusion Strategy - to ensure we continue to create an inclusive culture and working environment that promotes diversity and equality of opportunity for all.
You will enable WaterAid to continue to be an employer of choice, successfully achieving our mission, by ensuring equality, non-discrimination and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do and is core to our global way of working. We are open to being challenged to address any form of discrimination and structural racism that exists.
Significant to this role will be supporting the Global Executive in the delivery of our racial equality and inclusion framework which focuses on four core strands:
- individual understanding, allyship and action.
- our people practices.
- power dynamics within WaterAid.
- our communications and how we portray ourselves and the communities that we work with.
You will develop an organisation wide global strategy and provide support and advice to all our country teams and offices.
- An individual who has a strong passion for diversity and inclusion with a good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues that can arise in a complex or global organisation.
- Experience of developing diversity and inclusion organisational change programmes and strategies that create visible change.
- Good interpersonal skills with the resilience and emotional intelligence that allows you to influence and challenge constructively.
- Experience in supporting and influencing change in an organisation, in particular to act as a critical friend and to engage with challenging discussions.
- A commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
WaterAid is fully committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all individuals with whom we come into contact – the people in the communities where we work, our staff, volunteers, contractors, partners and our supporters. Wherever we work in the world, we have zero-tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust, or any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, harassment or exploitation of any kind.
We are passionately committed to being an organisation where everyone is welcome, respected, included and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate the diversity of our staff, partners and everyone that we work with to create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential.
If you have a disability and require specific support during the recruitment process, please contact our retained consultants BAME Recruitment to explore what adjustments we can make to facilitate your success. You can contact BAME Recruitment by emailing: email@example.com
Closing date: 1st August 2021 at 11.59pm
For a more detailed role brief please follow this link: