We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
At eBay, we 're passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help craft the future of commerce in the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 84% of products on ebay.co.uk are new!
As a global brand our purpose is to build opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who seek to make the world better
About the Team
This exciting opening will define the Customisation category strategy and execute this through working with strategically important sellers, brands and retailers.
This role is accountable for both the operational and commercial success of the newly developed customisation work stream, portfolio of sellers and the wider category experience.
Working cross functionally collaborating across the wider organisation and partners to ensure delivery of commercial targets and partnering with the Project Lead to develop the annual strategy for the category.
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for eBay and build inventory plans
- Work with global teams to innovatively develop the buyer and seller experience. Managing complex work flows across various retail standards.
- Business development to acquire new brands and sellers to ebay.co.uk. Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy
- Develop expert understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and Trade Organisations within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Develop approaches to influence the broad base of SMB and consumer sellers in your category to increase the quality and breadth of our inventory
- Understand our current and future product requirements, be able to communicate these and influence the roadmap.
We would love to hear from you if you have a strong ecommerce or online platform background as an e-commerce, commercial or business development manager with strong commercial acumen, comfortable operating in a fast-paced online environment.
Previous experience within organisations focussing on customisation would be a benefit.
Skilled at working across teams, you will be highly analytical and metric driven using data to drive business results and sales outcomes plus being comfortable to engage at the most senior levels within brands and retailers.
Standout negotiation skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships is key, crafting partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, operating with agility and easily adapting to change.
A proven strategic problem solver and self-starter, you can make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory info efficiently to optimally solve problems and drive commercial results through business development and acquisition.
This role offers fantastic career development for an individual with excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills and a great team mate.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/compan...
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.