Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Technical Services is looking for a Proposal Manager to join our Proposal Management Team. Reporting to the Head of Proposals, the key function of the Proposal Manager is to prepare consistently high-quality, winning bid submissions.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage all day-to-day aspects of bids and proposals, whilst working to strict deadlines. Working with Solutions Directors, they will develop an understanding of both the client’s explicit requirements and their underlying drivers and be able to articulate both in developing compelling proposals. They will work closely with the commercial, legal and operational functions and will be responsible for implementing our Proposal Management processes and governance procedures. The role also includes the responsibility of authoring of responses, reviewing responses and producing high quality bid proposal documents.
This role requires a collaborative approach, meticulous attention to detail, excellent organisation, communication and writing skills combined with an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. The Proposal Manager will be involved in all aspects of:
- Undertake detailed client, project and stakeholder research
- Facilitate workshops with team to develop win strategy and share knowledge
- Provide guidance and develop answer plans to ensure the strategy is embedded in the tender submission
Managing the process
- Working with the Head of Proposals, assist in the development and communication of Technical Services’ proposal management process and ensure all activities follow wider Mitie governance
- Review all tender documents to understand client requirements and deliverables
- Attending and often chairing bid meetings - identify deliverables, allocate owners and set deadlines for content
- Monitor and report on progress/own the tender programme
- Facilitate/attend all internal and external meetings as required
- Management of client communications and disseminating as appropriate
- Managing support from other enabling teams
- Answer plan bid responses – building in the bid strategy
- Write/develop all non-technical content (Quality, HSE, CVs, experience etc.)
- Support on technical content where required - understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues – interviewing and questioning delivery employees as required
- Ensure that project solutions demonstrate clear USPs and key strategic advantage
- Assist in the development of the Executive Summary
- A knowledge/ability of InDesign and Adobe would be preferable
Post tender interviews and mid bids
- Create and manage storyboarding sessions
- Arrange rehearsal sessions and prepare team
- Develop content that demonstrates the win themes and clearly responds to the agenda
The Senior Proposals role is a development opportunity and as such the holder will be encouraged to develop technically and professionally. They will receive support and mentoring to develop broader professional, technical and management skills:
- APMP Foundation and Practitioner – through formal channels and mentoring
- Technical – delivered informally and formally through internal courses and engagement with engineering disciplines and operational support functions
The nature of the role means it is suitable for homeworking but the post holder will be required to attend Mitie offices and client premises in the performance of their duties
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.