Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
This role offers the opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams across the Facilities Management industry, helping deliver innovative industry award winning solutions using the latest technology trends. A great opportunity to be involved in the shaping the future of the “Connected Workspace”.
Working closely with the Technical Solutions, Service Operations Center (SOC), Controls, Energy and Digital Workplace teams, the primary focus will be to project manage the implementation of IoT and BMS data into our monitoring and analytics systems, with the objective of continuing to lead the FM industry’s digital transformation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Focusing on our customers’ requirements first and foremost to help bring them on the journey into the Connected Workspace world
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to develop excellent collaboration and exchange of information.
- Substantial experience of the full life cycle of a number of projects and collaboration of cross-functional teams.
- Develop, in conjunction with the cross-functional teams, the scope of the project.
- Managing project scope and change control.
- Effectively manage projects from design through to implementation, ensuring deliverables are met.
- Develop and actively manage project plans and budgets.
- Ensure that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality & regulative standards.
- Ensure the project is effectively resourced and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Manage any project risks and issues arising, including escalating within the agreed governance framework.
- Communicate effectively at all times with the client, client’s representative, and all persons affected by the project.
- Chair client and project meetings, either on site, in offices or online.
- Monitor & report project progress and performance.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience.
- Degree qualified desirable
- Professional certification required (e.g. Prince2, APMP, MSP, etc.)
- Strong skills in MS products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project and Visio.
- Knowledge of Building Maintenance Systems advantageous.
- Knowledge of IoT and sensor technology advantageous.
- Experience working in the Facilities Management industry desired.
- Able to represent Mitie with professionalism, integrity and honesty at all times.
- Organised, logical and achieves agreed delivery deadlines.
- Able to develop effective relationships throughout Mitie and be recognised as providing a supporting and value adding role.
- Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- Effective in contributing towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information.
- Proven experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of achievement, able to drive projects forward, expects exceptional standards of work.
- Self-starter and good problem solver with a pro-active approach and strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to work in a prominent role with our high-profile customers within the public and private sector.
- Ability to manage risk, and balance the demands of business needs against project delivery.
- Team player whilst also being able to work independently.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities.
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager.
- Report actual and suspected security incidents.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.