Team: Growth & Product
Location: London-based office
Closing: 11:59pm, 26th Sep 2021 BST
Exciting new role in a fast-growing organisation working with responsible businesses to change capitalism. The B Corp movement is encouraging businesses to manage their impacts on society and the environment with as much rigour as they manage their profits.
The B Corp Movement
Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting social and environmental impact on a par with profit. B Corps manage the impact of their entire business through the B Impact Assessment and reach high standards of social and environmental performance. The B Corp community is a global movement of businesses who provide leadership by demonstrating their commitments to people and planet and create examples of success for others to follow. There are now over 4,000 B Corps in over 77 countries and covering 150 sectors, including Patagonia, The Body Shop, Kickstarter, innocent and Ella’s Kitchen.
B Lab was created in 2006 with the mission to inspire and enable people to use business as a force for good. There are B Labs across the globe including Australia, East Africa, mainland Europe and North and South America. B Lab UK is a charity that launched in 2015. Our purpose is to redefine success in business through building a community of engaged businesses, raising awareness of the B Corp movement and championing change in the UK economy. The B Lab UK team is small, friendly, hard-working and committed to changing how business operates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for communication and customer success to join our team. You will work within B Lab UK’s Growth and Product Team, providing critical support and guidance to companies embarking on the B Corp journey and helping us manage the growing demand for certification.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service to companies looking to become Certified B Corporations, helping them understand the process and supporting them with queries/issues
- Managing company enquiries to the Growth & Product Team, assigning tasks to the relevant team members and responding directly
- Maintaining a list of internal and external FAQs, identifying gaps and creating new content
- Researching the new companies creating assessments and presenting during weekly team calls
- Supporting the Certification Manager to manage the pipeline of companies seeking B Corp certification
- Providing support on team projects, for example B Corp guides and email campaigns
- Developing and maintaining relationships with companies interested in B Corp certification, identifying patterns and themes from customer feedback and improving the team’s processes and ways of working
- Supporting the team with event coordination (creating Eventbrite listings, emailing attendees, providing logistical support during events, post-event follow up)
- Undertaking research on how to optimise the use of tools within the team (e.g. Salesforce, Pardot)
Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in a customer or client facing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrable through previous experience in a client or customer facing role
- Quick learner, able to get to grips with new systems and processes
- Good organisation skills, able to multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Experience using a CRM and/or managing a team inbox
- Experience coordinating events and/or webinars
- Experience working with remote teams in a fast-paced, international environment
- Familiarity with these (or comparable) platforms: Salesforce, Pardot, Asana, Slack, Google Suite
- Proactive and flexible - you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- Exceptional communicator with strong writing skills - you are a people person who enjoys crafting communications and working with customers and clients
- Analytical in your approach to solving day-to-day problems as they arise
- Enjoys learning new skills and sharing knowledge with others
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment
- Eligible to work in the UK (we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship)
Reports to: Certification Manager
Salary & Benefits:
- £30,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and office closure over Christmas
- Flexible working hours and a remote working arrangement (hybrid model with at least 1-2 office days a week)
- Volunteer days
All candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the deadline passing. Successful applicants will be invited to an first round interview stage with a technical task. All interviews will be run remotely over video link.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are ‘culture fits’. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.