- Team: PR & Comms
- Location: Holborn Office
- County: Central London
- Ref: 13698
- Closing Date: 23-Sep-2021
Can you translate complex plans into simple communications? Are you passionate about providing incredible levels of service? Do you constantly seek opportunities to drive and deliver positive change to the business? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Internal Communication Associate, you will help develop and implement communication strategies, be responsible for planning, messaging and delivery of programme communication, including channel management. As part of your role, you will work across a number of regulatory and transformational change programmes.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Liaising with the Corporate Affairs team to make sure that there are consistent communications across business as usual and change activities
• Communicating upcoming changes proactively in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
• Escalating any issues to the Internal Communication Manager
• Providing colleagues with simple and accurate information so that they can surprise and delight our customers by getting things right first time
• Liaising with external and customer communication teams to make sure that the consistency of messaging and approach is maintained
• Communicating to multiple internal audiences across multiple channels
• Working across multiple programmes and being an integral member of project working groups
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have a strong understanding of communicating in a regulatory environment
• Ideally have previous experience working on large scale transformational change programmes
• Naturally, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills
• We need you to have previous experience in internal communications, ideally in a fast paced environment
• You need to have excellent organisational skills - this role involves prioritising work across multiple projects and programmes
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates..
Good luck! #LI-Loveyourjobatlast