- Team: Data
- Location: Holborn Office
- County: Central London
- Ref: 14260
- Closing Date: 28-Sep-2021
Are you the go to person when it comes to Power BI development? Do you love working with data? Can you produce the best in class reports and dashboards? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As Power BI Manager at Metro Bank, you will be responsible for managing a team of Power BI developers, the platform and developing a suite of Business Intelligence reporting. You will be working as part of the Enterprise Analytics team, and support Metro Bank colleagues with short-term and long-term decision making through Key Performance Indicators, reporting and data analysis. You will also be instrumental in migrating the bank away from an exclusively centralized BI model and towards a CoE setup.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Managing all aspects of Metro Bank’s Power BI implementation
• Working to create and improve existing enterprise reporting
• Building out “master data sets” that are efficiently modelled and support self-service BI
• Utilising technology like Azure DevOps and Development pipelines for ALM
• Designing and building Power BI dashboards and reports to a high standard focusing on usability
• Operating a control framework to minimize all types of risk
• Establishing an ownership model for Power BI artefacts
• Collaborating with leadership team to manage and action incoming requests
• Continuously implementing and adhere to Metro Bank’s Data Policy guidelines.
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will possess a broad range of knowledge and skills from the Microsoft stack, such as SQL Server, Power BI, PowerShell, Power Apps, DAX, M (Power Query Language), SSIS and Excel.
• You should ideally have some leadership experience
• It is essential that you have good practical hands-on SQL Server Data Modelling language (DML) such as T-SQL programming skills.
• It would be beneficial if you have strong DAX, M, XMLA programming skills
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!