Direct Reports: 8
Salary: £50,000 + Competitive benefits
Location: Horniman Museum and Gardens, London SE23
Hours of work: 35 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend working
About Horniman Museum and Gardens:
The Horniman Museum and Gardens in southeast London has been open since Victorian times, when the tea trader and philanthropist, Frederick John Horniman first opened his house and extraordinary collection of objects to the local community.
Since then, their collection has grown significantly and includes internationally important collections of anthropology and musical instruments, as well as an acclaimed aquarium and natural history gallery – all surrounded by 16 acres of beautiful Gardens offering breath-taking views across London. They are the only museum in London where nature and culture can be seen side-by-side at the global level, which means that they have a key role in examining contemporary issues.
Horniman Museum and Gardens, in conjunction with BAME Recruitment, are seeking applicants for a newly created and critical role for a Head of Content.
About the role:
As the Head of Content, you will act as the engine that drives change and help deliver Horniman’s Reset Agenda by coordinating and leading work across the Content Team to contribute to overall Horniman priorities. Ensure the team provides content for public programmes. Champion curatorial, learning and volunteering work and represent Horniman’s approach to stakeholders across the museum and arts sector. You will lead the Horniman’s input into strategic partnerships, manage the work of the Content team and contribute to fundraising initiatives.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in:
- Experience in managing and leading multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to operate in a commercial environment which includes generating income directly or indirectly from activities, events and inputting to the tendering for contract-based work
- Experience in creating and developing strategic partnerships
- Ability to work collaboratively, to build and sustain effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
- A passion, drive, and can-do attitude to push for positive change
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement. Your statement should be up to 2 pages long answering the following questions:
1. What attracts you to work for Horniman Museum and Gardens and this specific role?
2. From what you know about the opportunity what experience and skills would you bring that would enable you to be successful in this role?
Diversity & Inclusion:
You will join the Horniman Museum and Gardens as they recover from the Covid-19 pandemic and re-build audiences onsite, offsite and virtually, to sustainable levels.
Horniman Museum and Gardens welcome all applicants and are keen to ensure their team reflect the diversity of the UK and the communities they serve. They would like to encourage applications from disadvantaged socio-economic disabled, LGBT and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds
The closing date for applications is 23:59pm, Sunday 10th October 2021
For more information about the role and how to apply, please find the job description via this link: Job Pack Link