Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
· To take a pivotal role as the leading representative between the Company and the senior client(s), ensuring that close professional relationships are formed
· To lead by example in areas such as company culture, values and ethics in order to provide effective leadership, whilst promoting the highest standards of business practice
· Assist in the development of company policy and strategy to meet the needs of its stakeholders
· Ensure that objectives, targets and processes are developed and followed at all levels of your business area to ensure the achievement of overall company objectives
· Oversee the Recruitment and development of people within your business area to the highest possible calibre to ensure that sufficiently competent resources are employed and retained in order to meet the business needs
· Develop internal and external relationships to ensure that appropriate resources are available to effectively support the policy and strategy of the business
· Implement Company management systems within your business areas to ensure that policy and strategy targets are met whilst generating increased value for customers and stakeholders
To assist local management with Account Operations Manager(s) duties if required
· Develop Objectives and Targets at all levels within individual business units to meet overall Company Objectives and Targets
· Implement and communicate the Company Vision, Mission and Values
· Ensure staffing levels are met, including future needs and contingency and that people are trained and developed to be competent for the risks associated with the duties they carry out
· Ensure a good working knowledge of HR practices is maintained
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with all internal departments and SME’s
· Ensure staff performance is regularly reviewed and monitored in line with company policies and procedures, ensuring poor performance is effectively managed
· Review and monitor staff performance on a regular basis, recommending promotions/next level training and retraining where required, to the management team
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of company practice, policies and quality standards as they relate to site operation and employment of all staff
· Generate unity and cohesion through mentoring, encouragement and leading by example
To hold regular (monthly) SLT (senior leadership team) meetings
· Undertake planning and progress monitoring activities
· Develop long term relationships with clients in accordance with Business Plan and identify sufficient opportunities with them to meet Budgets and Plans
· Develop strategies and solutions associated with contract projects, manage their implementation, optimising cost, schedule and performance activities
· identify and implement contract efficiency savings
· Ensure business KPI’s for the area are proactively monitored, reviewed and reported to a high standard and in line with contract compliance requirements
· Ad-Hoc duties as agreed with their Line Manager
· To ensure consistent guarding services delivery across by providing strategic and tactical direction to the security teams across the Clients Account
· Close liaison and collaboration with clients security management to define and deliver effective security guarding for BAU (Business As Usual) activities, planned events, and to plan for and ensure agile and robust responses to unplanned events and emerging threats
· To monitor and adapt static security performance across the account and to deliver services in accordance with TFL contractual KPIs
· To present continuous improvements to contract not only financial but better ways of working
· Conducting annual Mi. Reviews and production of development plans with their direct reports
· Monitor FORS and Sentinel compliance
Management of railway operations and safety requirements including rule books and standards (LUL and Network Rail)
· You must be IOSH Trained and hold a valid certificate
· SIA Licence Ideally hold a degree or equivalent qualification or 3 years work experience in a similar role
· Good administrative skills
· Proficient IT skills including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
· Sentinel qualified certification
· Drug and Alcohol test
Knowledge & experience:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Security or similar management role
· Knowledge of practical administrative principles and practices
· Experience of administration in a complex, commercial, multi-divisional organisation
· Understanding of HR activities specifically policy and procedure writing / training and development administration would be an advantage
· Some experience of supporting organisation change, including restructuring, redundancies and TUPE transfers would be an advantage
· Good understanding or working knowledge of Security Industry would be an advantage but not essential
· Some knowledge of practical administrative principles and practices regarding screening, vetting and licensing
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.