Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.
The role is extremely commercially focused, supporting contract managers and operational teams across. The key to being successful in this role is adding value – supporting operations to ensure we maximise revenue from existing clients and make sure we deliver our services as efficiently as possible, ensuring contract profitability is maximised and working capital management is optimised.
- Responsible for producing the monthly management accounts for allocated business units, ready for review with the Divisional Finance Director and Business Unit Directors.
- Good close working relationship with the operational and commercial teams, providing commercial and financial input where required.
- Review contract profitability, highlighting high and low margin contracts for discussion with relevant operational/commercial managers.
- Responsible for delivering a detailed rolling forecast and annual budget, ready for presentation to senior management.
- Act as the link between operations and central finance functions to drive a customer service culture.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the major contracts to ensure integrity, accuracy, consistency and providing clear visibility of the financial health of these contracts.
- Ensure the accurate accounting on accrued and deferred income on a monthly basis, with clear visibility and communication to the business on non-current debt.
- Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver business growth objectives.
- Partnering with the business leads and Account directors / managers to prepare full annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the trading and profitability of the contracts.
- Close working relationship with OTC teams to ensure accurate and timely billing, efficient payroll reporting and driving improvements in the working capital.
- Being pro-active in identifying and implementing added value opportunities.
- Detailed financial analysis and presentation of financial information to support decision making.
- Ad hoc analysis and presentation of complex financial information in response to senior management requests.
- Work closely with the Divisional senior management to help drive business performance and provide high quality financial information.
- Develop and report KPIs relevant to the business.
- Support operations teams with cost management of client contract costs.
- Identify and drive financial efficiency ensuring the correct allocation of the Division’s resources.
- Provide objective challenge to the Division’s performance and plans.
- Provide forward looking insight utilising experience of the past and utilising financial and business skills.
- Undertake contract profitability analysis, providing insight to Operations on opportunities and risks.
- Develop business cases and support the bid process for new business.
• Support business adherence to group financial governance processes.
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA qualified, ideally with commercial experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good commercial skills with the ability to sit in front of a key client and talk about our mix of service lines.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and ability to prioritise a changing workload and use initiative.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex financial information to non-financial individuals.
- High level of integrity with a commitment to embedding a strong governance culture.
- Previous business partnering experience
- A hardworking individual with lots of energy, who can deliver high quality work to tight reporting deadlines and demonstrate desire to progress within the company.
- Able to produce concise and informative reporting under tight deadlines.
- Flexible working and to be able to travel around the UK.
Our values and behaviours
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do