Location: UK Wide
Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29 October 2020
The role holder is an experienced comms professional, strategic thinker and a storyteller, able to navigate and join the dots across different strategic priorities in People & Culture (P&C) community and turn them into a consistent narrative. Working closely with the Internal and External Comms teams, they will help P&C communicate a consistent people and culture story in innovative ways across a variety of comms channels. They will also lead on communications and engagement within P&C community, bringing together and inspiring our colleagues in creative ways.
What you’ll be doing
You will work as part of the innovative and forward-thinking People Strategy team. Using the craft of storytelling you will navigate across different strategic initiatives in People & Culture community and turn them into a consistent narrative that will inspire and engage our colleagues.
You will work closely with the Internal and External Comms teams to identify opportunities to engage target audiences and enhance our Employer Brand. You will plan and design deliverables, such as written and video content, digital and physical creative materials, channels, and events.
You will engage the P&C community on our strategy and vision through events, newsletters, vlogs etc. and support with the overall strategic planning for P&C making sure we have a consistent comms response.
You will be responsible for the quality of output in P&C, ensuring it always meets the required high standards (e.g. brand guidelines, tone of voice, accessibility, understandable and relevant to audience).
- Likely to have a degree or similar qualification in relevant field(s) such as marketing, public relations, public affairs, internal communications, event management, planning or social investment; or equivalent knowledge gained through experience in either a marketing, communications, planning or social investment role or in a role with relevant transferrable skills and experience.
- Confident in storytelling techniques and able to turn ideas, concept and experiences into a consistent narrative
- Strategic and creative mindset with ability to join the dots and passion to innovate
- Experience in experimentation and taking an idea/concept through to delivery.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including the ability to plan, prioritise, recognise interdependencies and evaluate the effectiveness of work
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships and influence others
- Sound business and commercial acumen, including some experience in developing strong business cases.
- A good understanding of marketing and communication strategy, function, activities, tools and techniques.
- An active interest in marketing, communication, people and culture, with finger on the pulse of the latest best practice and future of work trends
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking, Human-Centred Design and Content Design.
- An ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, adapting style to suite the audience, with experience of report writing and formal presentation creation.
- A good communicator, able to understand and articulate messages, sentiments and expressions in a way that is appropriate to the context and impactful.
- Understanding of working within financial services or other highly regulated environments.
- Able to analyse and interpret complex datasets, analyse and interpret insight and use it to make informed recommendations.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.