Social and Sustainable Capital (SASC) is an ambitious fast-growing social investment fund manager providing flexible finance to inspiring social sector organisations. Our investment approach puts social impact at the heart of everything we do: we are committed to developing creative solutions that will enable organisations to grow and continue delivering scalable and sustainable solutions to social issues. Established in 2014, we have made loans to date of more than £70m to non-profit organisations across the UK. We work with organisations who are tackling entrenched social issues such as poverty, homelessness, social isolation and unemployment.
In May 2019, we launched a new Fund, Social and Sustainable Housing (SASH), that provides loans to charities to enable them to purchase housing for the vulnerable people they support. This is now SASC’s largest fund at £33m and is set to grow to £100m and beyond.
About the role
SASC is in a period of expansion. Earlier this year, we received investment to help the company grow.
The External Affairs Analyst will support SASC’s internal and external communications and marketing strategy as part of a wider campaign to grow the SASC brand in the impact investment market. They will also assist the fundraising process through maintaining relevant sales materials and increasing our presence online.
The role will report to the External Affairs Director, Gilly Orr, and you will work closely with the CEO, Ben Rick, and Research Director, Peter Morris.
Communications and Marketing
- Maintain and update SASC’s website and social media usage including Twitter and LinkedIn, while working with all SASC staff.
- Maintain and support the design and delivery of compelling and informative impact detail for social media.
- Develop creative ideas for marketing SASC and the SASH Fund.
Fundraising and Investor Relations
- Provide support for all fundraising activity on behalf of the CEO, External Affairs Director and other SASC board and staff members.
- Maintain and update all materials required for fundraising, including presentations and slide decks.
- Organise and, where necessary, attend meetings and events with the CEO and other staff members, and deliver the agreed follow up.
- Monitor and track progress with each potential investor and ensure that accurate records are updated on the CRM.
- Support the team in maintaining relationships with all investors.
- Support the delivery of our reporting obligations to individual investors.
- Support the delivery of any additional materials that investors may require from time to time.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Collaborative working style with an ability to follow instructions and show initiative.
- Competent on social media platforms and Microsoft Office. A working knowledge of WordPress, InDesign and Salesforce would be useful, as would some database skills.
- Experience of maintaining websites and of using social media for brand development would be welcome.
- Strong attention to detail with exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and with a capacity to manage and support a variety of tasks, challenges and opportunities.
Salary and Benefits
- £30k - £35k per annum
- 30 days holiday
- Health insurance, life insurance, critical illness cover, pension scheme
- Location flexible within UK, with requirement to meet at our London base at regular intervals
SASC is committed to creating inclusive career opportunities and applications are welcomed from individuals regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. All appointments will be made on merit only.
Please apply with CV and a supporting statement explaining why you think you would be the right person to join our team.
Deadline for applications is 23:59pm on Sunday 8th November.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
All applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits.