Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Compute Platforms team at Sky is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced compute infrastructure professionals. The team are responsible for the underlying compute infrastructure For Sky’s Broadcast and Content operations and work closely with the application teams that provide Sky’s fantastic products.
As a Security Engineer, you will play a part in delivering a step-change to the security environment by ensuring that our environments conform to the industry best security practices – the core CIA Triad (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability) to be reinforced across our whole estate
What you’ll do:
- Take shared ownership with the Support and Delivery teams of the Infrastructure Platforms supporting Sky’s Broadcast and Content operations – your focus will be on delivering a step-change in the security of our environment.
- Drive the use of automation to enhance the security across Broadcast and Content ensuring best security practise is baked into our processes and infrastructure. Accelerate the roll-out of automation across the infrastructure platform.
- Perform security assessments on all our services and applications, developing actionable plans that improve our infrastructure security position.
- Develop the new processes and procedures required to support a Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure in a secure manner.
- Collaborate with all other areas of the group to develop a secure by default mindset.
What you’ll bring:
- A Linux or Windows engineer with 5+ years of experience of working in a large environment with multiple security domains; preferably in an Infrastructure DevOps/SRE role.
- Passionate about automation and reducing unnecessarily repetitive work
- Curious about what is over the next hill and willing to have a look.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Group Product: We’re the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On-campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.